BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats Joe (messenger13) on your new Razr Maxx. Got mine in July, just love it. Couldn't hold out for the HD version huh? :D

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thanks Mike. :) I waited until the price came down ... got it for $149 at Costco. This is my 3rd Android phone, and they just keep getting better and better. The battery-life on this MAXX is quite impressive. And with most of northeast oHIo having 4G now, it's great. (I still have my grandfathered, UNlimited data plan.)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool Joe, wish I had got the same deal as you. I was concened about the battery not being removeable but haven't had the Maxx ever lock up, unlike the Fascinate that would lock up a couple times a week. It was definatly time for new Hardware. This is only my second Android phone. They are very handy but don't use it as a GPS. I still have that Garmin 2420. ;) :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Joe, how did you manage to keep your unlimited plan. I still have an unlimited plan from Verizon but am afraid they will take it away when I change phones.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
kevincook said:
Joe, how did you manage to keep your unlimited plan. I still have an unlimited plan from Verizon but am afraid they will take it away when I change phones.

Kevin
My wife had the update. I bought the MAXX with HER update. The very next day I went to the Verizon corporate store, walked up to the counter and said, "I want the MAXX in this line, and the Bionic on that line.". No questions asked. And, I got to keep my unlimited data plan. (My wife has a 2GB plan.)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
jmhetzel said:
Now you can get the Droid Razr Maxx for $99.99 with a 2 year contract. Not a bad deal. Here is the link.Droid Razr Maxx
"This item is temporarily out of stock." :(

I got the HD dock with mine at Costco, and a few other goodies ... that's why I like buying my phones there.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
For what it's worth. I believe that when VERIZON rolled out the "SHARE EVERYTHING" Plan that they discontinued offering to carry over the unlimited data plan to those who had previously been grandfathered in.They have also started charging $30 to process a two year up-grade. I used my wife's up-grade to get my new RAZOR in August to avoid loosing my unlimited data package. They did bill me for the $30 up-grade fee but I called and complained loudly and got them to wave the fee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts