Bias / Radial Radial
Speed Rating V(149 MPH)
Load Rating 79(963 LBS)
Ply Rating -
Tube / Tubeless -
Rim Size 17 in.
Tire Size 160/70-17
Front / Rear Rear

Looks like correct weight rating- Metzler site says sidewall reinforcement. Anyone try them? Looks like they are aimed at the Vtwin people...

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
Metzeler Cruisetec Tire

Brand: Metzeler
Part #: 545642
Mfg #: 3576700
Sidewall Blackwall
Bias / Radial Radial
Speed Rating V(149 MPH)
Load Rating 79(963 LBS)
Ply Rating -
Tube / Tubeless -
Rim Size 17 in.
Tire Size 160/70-17
Front / Rear Rear

Looks like correct weight rating- Metzler site says sidewall reinforcement. Anyone try them? Looks like they are aimed at the Vtwin people...
Metzeler does not list this for either early or late model LTs. Might be worth a call to ask them as maybe the web site hasn’t been updated. Then again, the tire may not be suited for the LT.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Post #1 indicates the 160/70-17 is a radial. Don't think so. I went to two online stores (Revzilla and MotoSport) and they both indicate that the reinforced 160/70-17 is bias ply construction.

There's also this article about the tire on Motorcyclist.com that also says it's a bias ply tire.

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/metzeler-unveils-new-cruisetec-v-twin-touring-tire

Being that it's a reinforced bias ply tire with a 79 load rating, sure looks to be a better option for the LY than the Metzeler Marathon ME888 (if you believe the marketing hype from Metzeler.)

·
Registered
340 Posts
You may find the front in a ME880, but the rear ME880 is no longer made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts