BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Would love to see it... But a couple of things to keep in mind.

I agree that it's too pricey. $500, simply won't sell due to the price of the Fort Worth.

Thats not even factoring in the LED Brake light, removable back rest, and quick attach and de-attach that is a must. FYI.. it would really be nice if the back rest was heated as is the oem one. Just thoughts......

Bnash88

'03 K1200LT

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Still think Airborneod was on the right track with the 1/4 inch plate. Way strong enough for any application unless you are going to be doing some serious milling work.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have a Ft. worth rack and it is very stong, more than enough for a back rest. The grab rail has bolts that hold it on you could easily make an adapter for the Back-up back rest to fit those holes. I may do this but like others have said when I need a back rest I put the top case on, 10 mins. I also think the quality and style of the FT. Worth rack is very nice, was at a custom car show the other day and had some guys come over and look over the bike, they thought it was way cool as far as style goes and way over built (the bike to)!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
How Fat is she

A Chick would have to be very round to need 1" aluminum to hold her on. :D
How does that rate with the friction coefficient and strength of the mounting hardware.
You could make it out of 6" cold rolled steel, it will still only hold to the strength of the mounting hardware
(I think I hear David at the door)
Rock

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,513 Posts
Hello
was there never been any follow-up on this subject ???
greetings
Most likely not as his option would have been too expensive and heavy (1" thick billet). Also he has not been seen on this forum since 2013 and this post is 16 years old. The Ft Worth Rack became very popular and some still show up from time to time here for sale.

·
Registered
114 Posts
For the time it takes to throw the trunk back on when you need to haul a pass and the extra space it save a lot of money to just bolt it back on.Then pop it off when you don't need it.JMHO.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts