Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
JimE said:
Well, new to me anyway...

96 1100RS w/ ABS

32K miles

Has the panniers, too.

And thanks to Stevie, I can now get it above 1st gear with my boots on!
Congrats on the new toy, Jim. Sure looks like it's been well taken care of. Tanya gonna take over the GTL now? :histerica

Looking forward to seeing the new stablemate soon, Jim. Ride safe.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,603 Posts
Very nice bike Jim. Fixing the shift linkage was easy& it really did need to be lubed. I was thinking Granny D's this Sunday would be a great "shake down" ride. We can see if it can keep up with the "6" :D

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Really pretty bike!! Looks brand new. Enjoy.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dick said:
Congrats on the new toy, Jim. Sure looks like it's been well taken care of. Tanya gonna take over the GTL now? :histerica

Looking forward to seeing the new stablemate soon, Jim. Ride safe.
The real question is will she ever see fit to get on this one...doubtful! I think the GTL is as spartan as she'll go. I think I'll be doing all the driving, though.

Tim, my youngest, already has designs on the new one, though. It took him about two hours to drop by for a test ride.

And free dinner, of course. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PiePrincess said:
Really pretty bike!! Looks brand new. Enjoy.
Thanks!

I think it's pretty much been a garage queen for the last 5-6 years...the tires are 6 years old, according to the date stamp, but don''t look like they have more than a few hundred miles on them.

It's funny...from the side it really does look current. From the front, with that rectangular headlight and flared-bottom cowl, it looks very "old school".

Which is fine with me, as I am getting pretty old school myself. ;)

(Figured I'd go ahead and get that over with; if I'd left that hanging out there, Dick or Stevie would've jumped all over it.)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
JimE said:
Tim, my youngest, already has designs on the new one, though. It took him about two hours to drop by for a test ride.

And free dinner, of course. :rolleyes:
Did he also bring his laundry for your wife to do since he was there anyway... :D

Nice ride! Enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Great looking bike, now I will be able to keep up on my R12R. :) Stevie will have to slow down for both of us, It was really hard for him all the way to CCR and back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts