BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the masses spoke, and I sanded, primed, and found some really neat Duplicolor "Metal Specks" silver paint, and switched from the black I tried earlier this week to what you see below. Thanks for the advice everyone, ride safely.

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
That looks very nice Pete.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
looks good Pete, want to do mine?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sheldan2 said:
looks good Pete, want to do mine?
wondering if he meant "his motorcycle..."

sure, swing on down, we can throw some roadkill on the grill and have a go at it...

Pete's Discount Speaker Replacement and Body Shop

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I think it looks good. I like the lighter color over the black.
What is the sticker on your front fender?

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Locals Too?

petevandyke said:
wondering if he meant "his motorcycle..."

sure, swing on down, we can throw some roadkill on the grill and have a go at it...

Pete's Discount Speaker Replacement and Body Shop
Yo Pete...does that offer go for locals too. Nice looking color combo, like it a lot- especially the flecks. Good job!

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Nice work.

I did not find the first Black offensive at all but as you said, the masses spoke.

This looks really nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For rattle can work, and the abuse it takes in a short period of time, you did great as far as I am concerned.

I know what I will be doing when it starts to look too bad :p

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Atta boy Pete!

I imagine the pictures don't do it justice....

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks, guys

Haven't clearcoated it, because I want touch-up to be easy if I get any rock dings. I'm thinking about putting some 8-mil paint protectant vinyl film over the front-facing surfaces.

I am surprised it came out so well, honestly. I've never done this before, thankfully Duracolor has "video tutorials" on its website, so this PROVES that even a COMPLETE IDIOT can get good results...

And sure, I'd be happy to lend a hand to anyone if they seriously want help...but then again, that offer has always been there to anyone on this forum!

The sticker on the front fender is a deer with the universal circle-and-slash "no" symbol, I had them made a year and a half ago when I lost an argument with bambi over who owned a blind turn in Oklahoma and wrapped my RT around a tree. Seems to work at least as well as those deer whistles...

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Hey Pete,

Was that duplicolor wheel paint ?

If so , that's what I used on my LT lowers as well. Works great huh ?

Good Job..

John

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
petevandyke said:
... this PROVES that even a COMPLETE IDIOT can get good results...
Well said :histerica :histerica :histerica

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Saw it in person today, it looks really good, nice job.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I LOVE the color! But I can't help but think that it's going to look like a rattle-can job in person. :eek: (The 4th pic seems to suggest this.)

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Nice looking job Pete

1 - 20 of 30 Posts