BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

New Paint Job for '01 LT

9K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  cws 
#1 ·
I was doing maintenance work this winter & decided to strip her all the way down, disassembly the luggage & have her repainted. What do you think?

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks Guys,
I'm really happy with the result!
I've had it out a few times & have gotten lots of questions/complements about the bike. Most people think it is new...LOL. New; with 65,000 miles on her.

And a big thank you to all the information & help I got on this forum. And, Yes I am a paying member

#12 ·
I disassembled everything & brought it into a paint shop.
1 coat primer
3 coats white basecoat (Toyota 040: Ultra White)
3 coats of clear

I do like the clear turn signal lenses. Where did you get those???

#13 ·
MMcGuire said:
I was doing maintenance work this winter & decided to strip her all the way down, disassembly the luggage & have her repainted. What do you think?
What do I think? I think it looks great. I love the LT in white.

Nice job. :bmw:

#15 ·
Looks awesome! Now some lettering, some red and blue LED strobes, a radar gun, LiDAR gun, and hmmmm... a shotgun mount... Will be ready to make some $$$...

Seriously, looks great! Great color!

#16 ·
Yea! that's real close to what I did this winter. Sept mine has stripes.
Now all I need is time to put it back togeather.
When I do photos will be posted

#18 ·
It's not finished but, you can tell where I'm goin with it.

Attachments

#20 ·
Thanks, I even went a step futher. I painted the housing white, then I frosted the clear lens, then I found led bulbs that are white when off. The lens really are white when off and they light up a soft yellow.

#21 ·
Both of the white bikes look great! Classic...

What you now need to do is place this on the front windshield......

POLITE !

There is a great template on this forum of it..... I think that Ron did it.

#22 ·
The orignal colors on mine were GSP blue and sliver. All I needed was some orange lettering and some blue lights.

#24 ·
Ok, so it's all stripped down to white. What COLOR are you going to paint it?? :histerica

If white's what you like, all the power to you. I like color, as in hunter green, or red, or any color that's not white.

#26 ·
love the white.

i was planning to repaint mine but in last 4 months i have stripped her 3 times and put 10k miles. if i do it once more i will be out of home and i would agree with my wife on that decision. i would surely do this next year.

how does registration work? do we have to let dmv know about the change?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.