BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well g'day to all. Today i have become an RT owner and also a BMW owner for the first time. Rode the bike home about 45 miles and love it. It ticks all the boxes that previous bikes missed. My previous four bikes were, 1000 cc Fazer, great engine slow handling,very windy. VFR800, great bike but physically a little on the small side for me at 6'3''. Triumph 1050 Tiger, came the closest but had issues with the almost illegally poor headlights, and ridiculous ECU reboot prior to being able to spin the engine. Blackbird, awesome engine, awesome quality, but possible the most uncomfortable thing I have ever had the misfortune to attempt to sit on. So now, I already feel that this is going to be a long term relationship. I would be interested to know other owners opinions regaring the headlights on the RT. I am hoping that these are going to be pretty damn good. Am i going to be impressed??

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi and welcome. :wave

The headlights on the RT are very good and I don't think you'll be disappointed. Last year, however I bit the bullet and fitted my bike with HID bulbs - and they are awesome.

Enjoy your BMW riding - they say spring is just around the corner

Cheers, Jon

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Welcome aboard from across the puddle. I am sure you will enjoy you RT. :wave

·
Registered
98 Posts
Shes the bike you will love it.. welcome :wave :wave :wave

P.S She is a fast bike so watch out for the pot holes.... enjoy enjoy.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
RT's are great. I love mine. You did not say what year? And if you bought a fast color? Your going to like this bike. You will be surprised how fast it really is for a twin. Exceptional in wet weather. One handy accessory to think about is a power distribution fuse block under the seat (or somewhere) so you can add electrical items as you need. Also on the rear right flank is a flat spot that a BMW power receptacle can be installed. I wired one (with a fuse directly to my battery. But if you have the type of fuse block that has half the circuits powered all the time and half powered when the ignition switch is turned on, then you could wire this outlet to the powered all the time side. I use this socket to charge the bike from my trickle charger. Makes it easy, more fool proof than the BMW charger and cheaper in the long run. There are several very good fuse blocks available.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Welcome on board... loved your way with words on the other bikes... funny part is I understood it completely at every level.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome to the world of "bikes for grown ups!" You are going to love it; many happy miles to you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
HI I am a new 2009 r12rt owner, I traded my ST1300a I like the lightness, but clunky gearbox, how do you change the final drive oil? use premium gas?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congratulations, hope you got a grey coloured one (shade of grey not important). Headlights are sensational, get use to car drivers flashing you in the belief you are on high beam.

Welcome to the RT club (the ultimate secret society of people in the know).

Cheers
Speedybrother
Sydney :bmw:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts