BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Well. I'm now the proud owner of a '99 LT. It's always a bike that has fascinated me for some reason- and now I have one :) Picked her up on Friday night and had a great ride in the late evening sunshine from the Cotswolds back to London (mostly on minor 'A' roads for those familiar..)

Well, all seemed a little odd at first.. but pretty quickly I felt right at home. I'm really pleased how well she goes in the twistier bits! She's no scratcher of course- but is really composed and handles better than I'd anticipated- very accurate. No stranger to the marque- had an R1100S, R1200GS, R1200RT also have a R1200GS Adventure at the moment.

First trip in planning- down to Lake Garda in Italy. Looking forward to plenty of miles and smiles.

All the best,
Rob

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have a greta time on your bike and congradulaitons!!

Lets us know how your fishing ttrip in Italy goes as well. You know Texas has a few riders and anglers in it as well!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Welcome! No issues with my '99 model; 1999 was a good year, IMHO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congratulations, I had an 07, great on long trips two up and loaded, as you already found out really good on twisties, watch out on slow speed maneuvers, inclines and gravel surfaces, plan ahead, great bike, I now have an 08 RT, good luck

·
Registered
656 Posts
Grats!! its a lot of fun to drive and a blast to tour with

·
Registered
509 Posts
Congrats Rob. Have fun. The Lake Garda area is one of my favorite places in the world. Watch those tight corners up in the hills though...the locals will often be in the oncoming lane through blind corners and at blinding speed!

I used to live in Beaconsfield, so am familiar with your area. Enjoy your new ride.
Cheers,
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All

Bought my LT a few weeks ago, a 2004 with only 6000miles on the clock. Done a few run outs with my local club but no real distance yet. Plan next month to do Cornwall, Devon then across to France for a week's touring. Previously had a F800ST and also have a 2009 Royal Enfield Bullett EFI, and the wife has a 1999 Triumph Legend TT and a 2008 Honda Hornet, and my son has a 2007 Kawasaki KLE and I gave him my 1964 Royal Enfield Continental GT when he passed his test.

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
351 Posts
lt4me said:
Hi All

Bought my LT a few weeks ago, a 2004 with only 6000miles on the clock. Done a few run outs with my local club but no real distance yet. Plan next month to do Cornwall, Devon then across to France for a week's touring. Previously had a F800ST and also have a 2009 Royal Enfield Bullett EFI, and the wife has a 1999 Triumph Legend TT and a 2008 Honda Hornet, and my son has a 2007 Kawasaki KLE and I gave him my 1964 Royal Enfield Continental GT when he passed his test.

Cheers

Ian
Did you buy the bike off Tony moss .

regards numbnuts.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Rob,

Congrats on the LT. SO & I loved ours. We have circled both Garda and Como.....go for it! We also covered Bergamo to Monaco to Barcelona to Paris to Le Mans.....once u get goin' it is hard to stop some times.....;)

Hope she NEVER disappoints you. My 02 LT was perfect. I wore out tires and the battery went dead (parked half a year here on Lake Erie in Northern Ohio on the edge of Canada).

My best pal in England is Tony Tobias, Race Car Engineering. Do you know him? He now rides a Honda to the CITY and his Porsche Boxster. He lives in Middlesex on Thames.

I worked the MOTO GP Barcelona with my client Yasuni (HP exhaust). Maybe I'll see you in England next time Tony and I are karting!

TTFN,

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts