BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

Just wanted to drop a note and say hello. I purchased a 99 K1200LT today. It is my 2nd bike and a big jump up. I pick it up Friday and I am excited and a little nervous, but mostly excited.

I look forward to reading a lot of good info here and learning from every one!

Cheers,
The Grape

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride. You will find this board to be a huge help as there is so much experience here on the LT.

·
Registered
989 Posts
You are in for a lot of fun. And just in time - it must be getting really beautiful in your neck of the woods, right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome, I too am a new owner Ihave had my 2003 for 11/2 weeks and love it so far. The folks here have already answered a lot of question for me already. they are great!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome,

Congrats on your new purchase and you shall have an enjoyable riding experience on that scoot. I am also, a new LT owner just recovering from the winter hibernation period. The first season ride was exactly what I had expected. These machines handle like no other and have all the bells and whistles.. "Ride it like you stole it"..

Enjoy

·
Registered
19 Posts
You an ABF? I was one for a while back in '82...Anywho, welcome aboard shipmate.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Ooooohhh, are you gonna have fun. Welcome.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome to this great site and congradulations on your new ride.
Just one word of caution; When coming to a stop make sure you keep the bike straight. If you don't you might dump her into the drink and join the DA club.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Yep, riding season is upon us. I took a nice trip to Gettysburg last weekend on the bike I just traded. Can't wait to get some miles on the LT.

Yep, I am a ABF. Just over 19 years now. I retire in July. Excited and nervous bout that as well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm with you brother. Just purchased an 01' LT. I haven't had a ride for the past 5 years or so and the LT is a big step up from what I had. Looking forward to the whole experience.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I live in Annapolis. Perhaps we can get together for a ride. Did you buy if from Bob's?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, bought it at Bob's. They are great folks there. Gave me a very fair deal. I found them to be very upfront, open and hosest about everything. Can't wait till Friday!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sleepwalker said:
Welcome aboard.

I live in Annapolis. Perhaps we can get together for a ride. Did you buy if from Bob's?

Hey, I just browsed your profile. Did I just purchase your previous bike? That could be interesting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
perhaps.... They took some stuff off (like lights underneath the tip-over bars), I traded last June and I thought it had already sold. I saw it on the floor last summer but not since then.

They were going to do the 60k service (which they deducted from the trade-in value) and put in a new battery, etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope not the same one. This one has only been there about a week. Was thinking maybe I could pick your brain about specifics. Thanks for the info. And yea, I would love meet up for a ride. I am not far from Annapolis at all. Wife and I go to movies at the mall in Annapolis all the time. My friend who has an LT and I rode through there Saturday on our way back from Gettysburg.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome to this forum. I have learned so much from reading, and following instructions, about the care of the LT. I also share another item of interest with you. My wife and I also own a Welsh Pembroke Corgi, a tri-color, whom we love very much. Good luck with your new bike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I want to expand on a point someone else made.

When you stop keep the front wheel straight and your eyes straight ahead. If you stop with the wheel turned you are going over. AMHIK. We have a club for the bike droppers.

Under 5 MPH she is a beast, over 5 MPH she purrs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's what I have heard. So, slow and steady wins the race. I am a pretty conservative rider and just now "old enough" to know when not to jump into something and go 100 mph. But, that is one of the things I am nervous about (dumping it at a stop light). My first bike was pretty light weight and real forgiving if you screwed up in a parking lot. Just put my feet down and I could catch it before it went down. Not the case with the LT. I am so anxious to pick it up. Picked up the check from the bank this morning, it's sittin here on the desk. Got the new insurance cards and so on. But it's raining, it is much different than my other bike and it is supposed to be 68 and sunny Friday. Think it best to calm myself down and wait till a nice day. But it does just make me ache that it is just sittin on the showroom floor and it literally has my name on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts