BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha Fellow RT riders. Been wanting to upgrade my 1150R to an RT for a few years now. My dealer had a loaded Thunder Grey sitting on the floor for a few months that Ive been drooling over. My wife and I were out having a beer the other night and once again I bought up the topic and she said she will leave me if I dont go and buy it! So of course I went and bought it the very next day as the wife is a keeper. What a ride Im loving it so far!

Question is I bought a service plan for $1795 that covers 6 scheduled maintence services over 3years. Is that a good deal? What does the 600mi, the annuals and the 6k service cost on average?

Im pretty sure I spent more then that in service in 3 years on the R so the plan sounded good at the time but not so sure now.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Knowing all the costs are generally more than people think they will be you will come out okay. The 600 mile is generally not too bad, about $240 or so. When you get the valves, oil change, brake fluid change etc it can get to 350 or more. I don't think you cut a fat hog but I would not worry about it. now you will have all the work done and not postponed because of costs. Go ride.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
That doesn't sound out of line to me. I bought the extended warranty for my 2010RT a couple of months after I bought the bike. I paid a bit over $1200 for it but it didn't include any regular service mainetance.

I am taking mine in for the 6K service next week. I am guessing it will cost around $600. I'll have a better idea after next week on the actual cost of a service.

Regards,

·
Registered
175 Posts
$1,795 WITH parts and labor?

If so, I think you did well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheoM said:
$1,795 WITH parts and labor?

If so, I think you did well.

Yup - they said it covered all parts & labor on scheduled service. Thanks for the replies Im feeling better about purchasing the plan.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Relax and enjoy the confident feeling you have of not having to think about or worry about maintenance costs.

Congratulations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts