BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 07 K1200GT and have a question. It came with the Aeroflow windshield and Aeroguards. The problem I'm having is with the windshield all the way down, I get a loud drumming in my helmet that is driving me insane. If I raise the shield, I get no airflow to help keep cool.

I've tried searching and found several threads, but the ones I found were older. The screen options I've seen are Parabellum, Ztech, and VStream. What are some good options? I'm 6' and have the seat raised. I also have the pull back risers so I'm more upright.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I've used a VStream on my last 5 BMWs and have enjoyed it on all of them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Z tecknik shield and it's working well for me - the aero-guards look like a nice addition and I may try those myself. I've read other posts that the aero-guards are better in cooler temperatures.

I wasn't familiar with the Aeroflow shield, but it certainly looks like a wide screen - my screen isn't as wide; additionally, I don't get the 'whistle' with the new shield like I did the stock one --- that said, i also don't have the noise you mention either....

Congrats on the GT - I'm pretty new here as well and have been asking questions - getting details .etc - this is a great place to hang out - good information!

Best,
Stephen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the replies so far. I talked with Parabellum shields yesterday and they told me the problem might be the pull back risers the PO installed. Because I'm sitting a little further back I might be out of the clean air.

I think the Aeroflow shield and Aeroguards will be great for colder riding. That's good news because my last bike was a sportbike and I didn't ride in the cold because there's no real protection from the wind. This way, I will get more riding time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SRM said:
I have the Z tecknik shield and it's working well for me - the aero-guards look like a nice addition and I may try those myself. I've read other posts that the aero-guards are better in cooler temperatures.

I wasn't familiar with the Aeroflow shield, but it certainly looks like a wide screen - my screen isn't as wide; additionally, I don't get the 'whistle' with the new shield like I did the stock one --- that said, i also don't have the noise you mention either....

Congrats on the GT - I'm pretty new here as well and have been asking questions - getting details .etc - this is a great place to hang out - good information!

Best,
Stephen
Which Zteck do you have? The 25" or 28"? Also, how tall are you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts