BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down the 31st of March ('06 VTX1300R). They totaled the bike. I got that settled and am now the proud owner of my first BMW luxury tourer. After my wife and I took it for a test ride, she said we WILL get that one. She was petting it in front of the salesman. Looking forward to being a member her and exchanging thoughts and information. :wave

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
When it comes to touring bikes, the wives are just like the German engineers. "Vee know vat you need". Fortunately, In the case of the LT, the wives are right!:)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
taehapdo said:
I went down the 31st of March ('06 VTX1300R). They totaled the bike. I got that settled and am now the proud owner of my first BMW luxury tourer. After my wife and I took it for a test ride, she said we WILL get that one. She was petting it in front of the salesman. Looking forward to being a member her and exchanging thoughts and information. :wave
First of all I am glad you all are OK from going down and getting back in the saddle again!

Second, WELCOME and congrats on the new bike, you are going to love her the more you ride her. Take the time by reading this site to get acquainted with her and practice, practice, practice!

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Congrats to ya! Same here...the SO sat on the bike and said goodbye to the Harley and welcome home to the Beemer.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the Best Motorcycle Experience out there :yeah:

·
Registered
191 Posts
A couple years ago, I went to a BMW dealer to buy a pair of Gerbings heated gloves with my wife. She saw a used '99 LT in the showroom and practically made me buy it!

20+ thousand miles later, its been a great ride for both of us.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Welcome aboard. You'll enjoy the LT. I bought mine on Ebay from a man in OKC. Our bikes are cousins.............. :D

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
taehapdo said:
Congratulations!

Almost 2 years ago we stepped up from v-twin cruiser to a touring bike.
We actually got to test ride the following at dealers over a period of time.
Victory Vision
Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic
BMW R1200CLC (used)
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1200LT (used and our current bike)

After we had narrowed it down to BMW my wife wanted to see the LT outside in the sunshine. That let to a lengthy test ride. It was the last of our test rides and she made the decision for us! Of course she was right.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Welcome aboard. You will find several gurus on this site (not me) that can fix just about anything. I bought my LT from the classifieds on this board. The PO is now missing it so bad, he's looking for another used one. I told him he 'could not' have this one back. :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome!
My wife 'made' me buy mine also. I bought it for her birthday, so I wouldn't have to pick out something else for her.
Since then, we've had some good times together on it. It's always a treat popping her off the back seat when I get where I'm going. By far my favorite farkle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome! And congrats on the new bike. My wife was a driving force in getting our LT as well. All these miles and all these trips later, she still loves it. One piece of advice. Check to see if the trunk is all the way forward....they usually are. Your wife will appreciate the extra room if you move it to it's rear most position. Instructions are in your owners manual. Bonus: have her help move it. It only takes a few minutes and she will start to 'bond' with the LT.

·
Registered
45 Posts
taehapdo said:
Congratulations, in my opinion you have the best long distance touring bike for two up, I owned an 07 for two years and my wife loved it, extremely comfortable, good power and great handling once you are moving, be careful at slow speeds, my riding buddies are a Goldwing, a RoadGlide and an Ultra, all of them good bikes but none offers the complete package as the LT does, I`m glad you are OK after the spill, welcome and enjoy the ride :dance:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts