BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm a first-time BMW owner after having a good number of bikes: Japanese, Euro, and HD. I've been riding for about 45 of my 55 years starting on mini-bikes and dirt bikes, and have been on street bikes for more than 35 years.

My current bikes are an '05 Ducati ST3, and for the past month a nicely equipped '06 RT. While the Ducati is capable of eating up highway miles, I have quickly embraced this RT and what it offers as a long-distance tourer.

I live in North Carolina with quick access to the Blue Ridge Parkway, a number of motorcycle-only campgrounds, and many two-lane country highways. The climate is such that I can, with heated gear, ride year-round and am on two wheels whenever possible.

I'm certain I will find value in this forum, and may be able to contribute after a while.

Joe

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Welcome from Sugar Hill GA.

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Welcome! I hope that you are riding the RT more like the way that you should ride the Ducati rather than how you would ride the HD! :wink:

I might see you on the roads one of these days. My son had moved to VA, and therefore I suspect that I will be doing a lot of rides around your neighborhood! His house is less than 30 minutes from the entrance to Skyline Drive!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts