BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just pulled my new (to me) LT in the driveway a few hours ago. i rode it about 250 miles on the trip home and i absolutely love the bike... i just have one kinda dumb question to ask...

can someone please tell me how to switch the radio from playing through the speakers to playing through the headset??

edit: its a 2000 LTC if thats needed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Autocom for the LT

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, i already found that webpage on the autocom site. i guess im going to have to take the side panel off tomorrow and make sure the radio is connected. the previous owner said he only got it for the intercom and never listened to the radio.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I don't have an AutoCom, but my intercom connects the exact same way. I made my own cable for about $20. PM me if you need to know what to do, and/or don't feel like paying 3 or 4 times more for the AutoCom cable.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You don't have to remove the side panels to see if the Autocom is connected.

The Autocom connects to the two, large, round interface plugs that are under the rear seat. If there are no (additional) spliced wires attached and leading to the Autocom from these, the connections were never made.

As to your first question, the Autocom switches to headset speakers when the primary or Rider's headset is plugged in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will the autocom only work with autocom headsets?

·
Registered
61 Posts
dumb questin

I have an autocom on my LT. The dealer installed a small switch, in my case, on the left side, to the right of the mirror. Switch is up for speakers, down for intercom. You may have to do some searching for the switch or ask the seller where it is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, just in case anyone was wondering i took the bike to the dealership here in Atlanta. they fixed the problem in about 10 minutes. it turns out that the previous owner changed the battery and forgot to hook the ground wire back up to the battery. they hooked it back up and everything worked fine.

thanks for all the help and suggestions.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Glad it was an easy fix, enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts