BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 2002 K1200LTC ... WOW! To be honest this place almost scared me off with talk of top heaviness, rear drive failure, etc …. But I’m glad I ignored it all. Actually the post here were very helpful in me knowing what to expect from my first ride. Compared to the K75RT I’m going to be selling this thing is not top heavy at all. The K1200 has 300lbs on the K75RT but feels like it’s half the weight to me. Part of it being the seat fits me better, my 31 inch inseam was a stretch on the K75RT, but works well with the LT. And comparing the top heaviness The K75RT defiantly feels more unbalanced than the LT to me at slow speeds. I always felt like I had to push the K75RT into the corners, but the LT just glides around the turns. I’m hooked and know I’ll be riding much more now.

Thanks to all that share here the information was invaluable to me as I was considering my purchase.

-Preston

·
Registered
346 Posts
Congrats!

While a jetski would be a better choice for getting around Bloomington at the moment, take that baby out through Yellowood to Bean Blossom and down to Story to get it broke in right!!!

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Congratulation on the purchase. You bought the best year. I never read about the bike before my purchase, just did a test ride and was hooked.

Most of the negatives about this bike effect a very small few who are vocal and the positives effect the other 97% or so, but you rarely read about them. They are too busy riding....

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Welcome aboard Preston and congrats on your new ride. Now as they say here "ride it like you stole it", enjoy.... :wave

·
Registered
910 Posts
I congratulate you on your choice.
I loved it first ride.
Dropped it too :cool:
Change the fluids , ride, ride, repeat...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Positive minds.
For some of us it's knowing what you want, for others it's getting what you need. For the LT it's enjoying what you got. I did no know this forum before my purchase and used to ride a GW. Once I got my LT I started knowing that enjoyment and this forum has only enhanced my awareness of how other LT owners enjoy their time. Welcome aboard!!! :)
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts