BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a clip of my test of my new Drift 170 camera.

I mounted it to the side of my helmet.

This clip is me walking around the house showing off the remote.

I took a short ride with the camera but I need to export only part of the movie. Not sure exactly how to do that. But this one is very short.

If you can't see the movie, it is because I don't know how to save the .mov file to something else so it can be attached. Would someone please help me??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Hi Eric,

Best way for you to make the movie available on here is to get a Youtube account or something like it and upload the video there. Then provide the link to the video here.

As far as editing the video...you can use video editing software to add music and edit...I like Cyberlink Power Director. Not sure but you may even be able to edit it using the built in Movie editor in Windows.

Ron

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cyberlink Power Director is a really good video editor. You can get a 30 day trial version from their website. I had it for a day and then paid for it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
The clip worked fine. Good picture, clear and in focus, and it dealt with the change in the light between the view out the front and the inside of the garage very well. Bill

·
Registered
929 Posts
Video is very good quality but I wonder what your neighbors thought as you walked around with your helmet on? Looking forward to watching some great riding footage.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Like the remote, where can you attach it?
Its one thing the HD Hero needs to make it more useful as a bike-cam.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The remote comes with a velcro strap so one can wear it like a watch. not such a good idea for a motorcycle. I now have it velcro around the vertical support on the BMR shelf but I am not sure where it will finally end up. But I think not on the wrist.

I will try to post my first ride clips. On the first one I had the camera pointed too low. It showed too much of the bike. The second one I think is better. May have time in the next few days to edit the first attempts. Stay tuned.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
EricSuz said:
The remote comes with a velcro strap so one can wear it like a watch. not such a good idea for a motorcycle. I now have it velcro around the vertical support on the BMR shelf but I am not sure where it will finally end up. But I think not on the wrist.

I will try to post my first ride clips. On the first one I had the camera pointed too low. It showed too much of the bike. The second one I think is better. May have time in the next few days to edit the first attempts. Stay tuned.
:corn:

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess I need to learn how to post to you tube. Picasa web only allows 1 GB unless one buys extra space. I'm too cheap for that. I have watched many movie clips on this site.
I did not expect it to be this hard to post.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
you need to do a better job of narration and turn your head more so I can see the country side, I don't always want to see the bike in front of you......

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Eric,

I hope you don't mind but I did a little quick editing to your video just to show you a few things that you can do with editing software.

I added some music and muted the original sound....put in a couple of still shots, and used a few different transitions.

I stuck it up on streetfire.net and here is a link to it:

http://www.streetfire.net/video/eric_2218249.htm

The software I used was Cyberlink Power Director ( I think mine is version 7 ultra newer available now)

Ron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts