BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I had heard people using the open mirror holes in the reserviors to mount things ... however, it seemed to me that anything mounted there would block the view to the LT mirrors. So I made my own mounts that use those open holes, but moves things more to the middle and out of the view of the LT mirrors ... what do you think?

I started with a threaded stud that I brought from the bottom up through the open hole on the reservior.

I then took some flat stock stainless steel and drilled a hole at one end to attach to the stud I brought through the res. hole. I topped off that stud with a stainless acorn nut so it looks good.

I then welded another stainless stud (bolt) to the other end of the flat stock.

I topped that off with a ram mount ball and there she is! One for each side, and I have all the mounting I need ... and it looks pretty slick if you ask me ...

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Very nice, not trying to burst your bubble but in fact I had one back in 02 on my LT. Ram mounts thought of the same thing.

Yours looks great, why buy it if you can make it. :D

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Very nice looking job! I am always the worst (best?) at engineering alternative solutions to expensive commercial products. ..........(amarider) snip why buy it if you can make it. end snip........

In this case I would be shot down before I could get started as I have no way to weld stainless :(. Kinda wouldn't be the same made out of mild steel! :eek:

Again, great job,

Loren

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
amarider said:
Very nice, not trying to burst your bubble but in fact I had one back in 02 on my LT. Ram mounts thought of the same thing.

Yours looks great, why buy it if you can make it. :D
I saw those ... but besides the price, they mount right in the sight line of the KLT mirrors.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts