Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,181 Posts
Only $1,100-$1,300 and they don't make them for my year model (2011):rolleyes:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the words Clearwater and inexpensive don't go together :)
Would the "all R1100/1150RT" or the generic/universal mount work for you?

I bought Kristas a few months ago and would far prefer the 'throw' promised by the Sevina but no way am I going to spend $1200+ to replace $800 lights that are still so new.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
$1,478 for the K1600 GTL... :eek:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yikes! I have no don't we'll see plenty of posts extolling the virtues of far less expensive Denali, PIAA and misc eBay options :wave

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
The value of my PHID 4s just went up ! Perhaps over priced . I need more convincing to justify that price . They need some pictures showing how much light they throw , a side by side comparison to other known HID driving lights would help.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Found this on the K16 forum...

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The value of my PHID 4s just went up ! Perhaps over priced . I need more convincing to justify that price . They need some pictures showing how much light they throw , a side by side comparison to other known HID driving lights would help.
Agreed. The lack of trustworthy reviews makes it hard spend so much money in hopes a given product performs as expected/desired. I think it would be cool to find a number of members (living in reasonable proximity to each other), each with a different brand/model of light, find an isolated/low traffic location and meet for a side by side comparison. The results could be shared on the forum.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Agreed. The lack of trustworthy reviews makes it hard spend so much money in hopes a given product performs as expected/desired. I think it would be cool to find a number of members (living in reasonable proximity to each other), each with a different brand/model of light, find an isolated/low traffic location and meet for a side by side comparison. The results could be shared on the forum.
+1
My friend Jim Owen 09 winner IBR just got a set a week ago. He is preparing his RTW for the 15 IBR and will have them mounted soon. We may be able to do a shootout. I have HID HI Low on my RTW so we will have to cover the headlight with card board.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+1
My friend Jim Owen 09 winner IBR just got a set a week ago. He is preparing his RTW for the 15 IBR and will have them mounted soon. We may be able to do a shootout. I have HID HI Low on my RTW so we will have to cover the headlight with card board.
Excellent! I wish I was closer. I have Kristas and I'd like to compare them with Sevinas in person. Are you happy with the HIDs? Big improvement?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Excellent! I wish I was closer. I have Kristas and I'd like to compare them with Sevinas in person. Are you happy with the HIDs? Big improvement?
Have not had the opportunity to ride at night with them yet. My objective comparison consisted of the lights shining out of my garage . The low beam and Hi beam reached out much further with crisp beam patterns. Remember HID das double the lumen output of the halogens. The RTW reflector housing works great with HID.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.