BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
My name is Everet Horton and I live in Western Michigan near Lake Michigan. Like most I started riding in my early years. My first ride was a 1956 HD FLE. There were used by the Police. Have had smaller Yamaha's, Honda and Husky's. I have been riding a 1982 Honda GL500 interstate. I just got a 2003 K1200LT. Nice bike, but need to dial the suspension in. Did not have a owner manual. I see there is a pre-load shock adjustment under the seat but not sure which way to turn the knob to get a softer ride. I have always did my own maintenance.
It is away a great place to hear about other and what is going on around the country. Got the BMW to do a little more long range riding. Hope to go around Lake Superior this fall. Maybe ride the Blue Ridge again next fall. Road the Blue Ridge with the Gl500.
Great Ride. That is about it. Great to be here.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Welcome from Sugar Hill, GA

As you attempt to make the ride softer, just don't let air out of the rear tire to try and accomplish that. She is heavy with a stiff suspension and stiffer tires. The general consensus is 42 front/48 rear. The rear has reinforced sidewalls and someone recently posted he was running with 35 in the rear in Fla so not so much on the tar snakes but center burning to and from work daily. Strangely the center of his tire was good but the sides were down to the steel belts. The low pressure is all we can think of to account for that.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Welcome from West Michigan
Great place to be next to that BIG Crystal Clear Lake and beautiful beaches:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts