BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive me if I am rehashing old thread but I have not been able to find a post with my specific issue. Maybe I'm just not accustomed to using the site yet. I recently purchased a 2001 LT. I knew the radio was not working when I purchased it but was hoping it could be a simple fix. The display does not seem to work however the on button does light up. But I cannot get it to come on. The CD changer has power and does eject the cassette for the changer so it does have power. I did try the battery disconnect trick mentioned with no luck. Is the radio just shot or is there another fuse somewhere that would prevent the display from working? however there is no static or sound coming out of the speakers either. The fact that the light comes on on the on switch makes me think the fuse to the radio is good.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Hi.....here's is a possible. Use an alcohol swab on the screen as it might be cloudy. Push "on" once. I use the CD and you have to push the "cd" button twice. Make sure the "mute" button hasn't been pushed on the left handlebar. Just a couple things to try.
My '03 LT radio worked but only one of the speakers were working, so you may just have a dead radio. Ugh

Vern

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Vern.

I did try your suggestion and still nothing. From what I have read on these forums these radios werent much good anyway. I don't know if it's a good idea to put money into it or not. Maybe if I can find a good used one off the forum I'll try it. Otherwise I'll look into a Bluetooth helmet and farkle shelf. I just hate having something on the bike not working.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Thanks Vern.

I did try your suggestion and still nothing. From what I have read on these forums these radios werent much good anyway. I don't know if it's a good idea to put money into it or not. Maybe if I can find a good used one off the forum I'll try it. Otherwise I'll look into a Bluetooth helmet and farkle shelf. I just hate having something on the bike not working.
My radio quit working and it was suggested that I check the fuse on the rear of the radio. I haven't done this yet, as it's not real high on my priority list, as I never use it anyway, but like you, prefer to have everything work on my bike. Next time I have the tupperware off, I'll check that fuse out, but in the interim, will continue to listen to the radio thru Bluetooth and helmet speakers. :bmw:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My radio quit working and it was suggested that I check the fuse on the rear of the radio. I haven't done this yet, as it's not real high on my priority list, as I never use it anyway, but like you, prefer to have everything work on my bike. Next time I have the tupperware off, I'll check that fuse out, but in the interim, will continue to listen to the radio thru Bluetooth and helmet speakers. :bmw:
I have big plans when the weather gets too cold to ride to Terrell Tupperware off and do all the maintenance that I'm sure the bike needs. Thanks for the suggestion I'll definitely try that when I have the tub were off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts