BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Copied from GL1800Riders.com:
In this months TWO Wheels magazine which produced in Britain there is a short article about this new bike. BMW itself is telling the bike press a 1850cc inline-six engine which they are calling K1850LT. This new model most likely would be released in late 2008. BMW is telling the bike press all about this, but at the same time they are teasing them because they are saying this is rumors from inside the factory. They say it will be a model to take on the GL1800 head on.
There is a specualtive sketch there too. I don't know the source.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
messenger13 said:
I think that article is about as valid as the pic that's also in that thread. This silly rendering has been going around for months and months. I don't believe any of it. Not for a second.
I could barely make out S-KRAFT.NET under the drawing. It's a design firm in Stuttgart. The new K5000S is in there, two. It's a V-8. :rotf:
http://www.s-kraft-design.de

·
Registered
713 Posts
For BMW to even think of coming out with a 6 cylinder is very poor management........... The current LT motor is just as fast as the wing and handles twice as good and gets better gas mileage plus it is more durable so why in the world a new motor???????? Any increase in motor size will increase weight and hurt its superior handling........

Unless ofcourse BMW is doing this just for change sake....Which will maybe be the pushing point for many who are discouraged with the dealer situation now........Think BMW,,, Think real hard when you change the LT........Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts