BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just thought I'd say howdy from Fort Worth. I just purchased a used 2002 LTE from a member here and really enjoy the bike. I was interested in checking into upcoming "Tech Sessions" and meeting some owners in the metroplex.

James
2002 Silver Titan LTE

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Welcome

Hey back !

Glad to have you join our little "tribe" of wildmen and women...

If you have any questions. Please feel free to ask...

Remember when stopping always keep the front end straight.

Never grab the front brakes with the front end turned at low speed or "over you go"..

There's a correct way to pick up the LT without hurting yourself..Please learn it. It's in the HOW

If it's going over, It's going over and your not gonna stop it. You'll only hurt yourself trying..Let it go.. it's well protected and usually only falls over when it's stopped.

It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on... or off....

We definately need a tech session somewhere along the OK/TX border..

Enjoy

John

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I forgot....Ride it like you stole it...

j

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Welcome to bike and board

Welcome and congrats.
I know you are in good company down there in Texas. Bunch of fine folks on this board hail from there and they are all your neighbors, being as TX is such a small state an' all, they're all right next door... most of 'em.
Warm regards from cool Vermont,
Charlie

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Did you get it in Jackson, MS? I am new to the LT also, I am going to AL next Sat and riding back on a 2002 LT. I ride with some guys at www.twtex.com, all different types of bikes, but a nice bunch of guys & gals. :)

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Howdy and welcome :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the welcome. One of the reasons I bought this bike was the support I knew I could get, and hopefully give, on this board.

John, thanks for the info. I think I will start riding it a little more "like I stole it". Been babying it a bit since it's new to me. This bike handles like a dream and you are so right about the brakes. I'm training myself to use the back brake almost exclusively at slow speed. BTW, a training session at the border sounds fun to me!

Texas42. . . that's the one. Enjoy your LT and the ride back from Alabama. My ride was 450 miles, and with the exception of a little butt burn, it was awesome! I'll have to check out twtex.com. BTW, my in-laws live in Double Oak so I will be in your neck of the woods sometimes (hopefully on the bike). Now all I've got to do is start learning about all the LT has to offer. It's a little overwhelming at first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts