BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a 2008 LT in the next week or so. If I were buying a car, I would check the invoice price to know where I stand in the negotiation process. Unfortunately I can't seem to find invoice prices for BMW bikes anywhere.

Does anyone have this information, or is BMW very successful at keeping this information private?

Thanks for any help. I'm looking forward to being a new LT owner :)

Mike

·
Registered
550 Posts
Go to www.bmwmotorcycles.com then just plug in the bike you want and it gives you the list price of the bike.
Rumor has it they are coming out with '09 in May of this year and a2010 in May of next year...new design.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I doubt there is a whole lot of room on the bike. Dealers make their money on accessories and service, not on motorcycles. Doubt they even make more then a couple thousand margin at retail.

Your better off trying to negotiate for accessories and service. You may get farther.

One thing for sure, the longer you wait, the higher the price will be. That is for sure..

You can do what most of us do. Instead of buying a brand new bike, buy one that is a year old. You won't be paying the depreciation out the door, and you may even get some farkles included in the deal plus warranty left over.

That is the best route to go in my opnion.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
rglassma said:
I doubt there is a whole lot of room on the bike. Dealers make their money on accessories and service, not on motorcycles. Doubt they even make more then a couple thousand margin at retail.

Your better off trying to negotiate for accessories and service. You may get farther.

One thing for sure, the longer you wait, the higher the price will be. That is for sure..

You can do what most of us do. Instead of buying a brand new bike, buy one that is a year old. You won't be paying the depreciation out the door, and you may even get some farkles included in the deal plus warranty left over.

That is the best route to go in my opnion.
+1 on that! My LT is actually the first used bike I have ever bought. It was a gem when I got it, and I may never buy brand new again (barring a miracle lottery win).

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I don't think there is enough demand for a company making money publishing dealer cost on BMW motorcycles.

My local dealer would not budge on price, even when I offered to give him a deposit to order the bike and would pay for it within one week of it being ready to roll. I figured his return on investment would be close to infinity.

I bought my bike from a dealer in CA for less than list and they also offered to sell me any accessory I wanted at dealer cost.

Even with the shipping from CA to here I saved enough to pay for my first year's insurance cost, and saved 2% Tucson city sales tax.

If I was single at the time, I would have flown out to CA with the registration and ridden her back to AZ.

All I wanted was the local dealer to come close to what I could buy it for else where. His policy was one price for everyone. I can certainly understand his policy and respected it.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts