BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Max BMW delivered my 09' LT today. WOW what a Bike, and the mirrors I complained about, forget about it, They are perfect once there set up properly. Took my wife for a ride
and she was so excited(very rarely went on the RT) we looked like the Viagra commercial.

The intercom and GPS haven't arrived yet but that will make it even better.

I was a little concerned about giving up the agility of the RT but I can see this is one agile pup.

It was nice to put two full face helmets in the top case.

Got to use reverse alot. AT first seemed to go too fast but by the end of the day I wish it had a 2nd gear,

THe one thing I took from my first 100 miles was STABILITY.

Got to go Wifey in one of the two tubs overlooking the bluff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Congratulations on the new LT. I'm sure you and Wifey will love it, if you ever get out of those tubs. (Actually, I hear that one larger tub for both of you works better.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,989 Posts
tonyla said:
Took my wife for a ride and she was so excited(very rarely went on the RT) we looked like the Viagra commercial.................Got to go Wifey in one of the two tubs
overlooking the bluff
The Viagra marketing exec's will be happy to know this - especially since the "tubs" are Cialis :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the tubs are Cialis , I used some poetic license.

Sperra: I am about 4 miles from Salem Valley Ice cream and believe it or not we don't go.

We take the 30 min ride out to Voluntown to Button Woods on 165. You might want to try that one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,746 Posts
Who is alis? I thought it was Wifey?

Congratulation on your new ride. Man! A brand new one at that!

Ted said:
The Viagra marketing exec's will be happy to know this - especially since the "tubs" are Cialis :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Grats!! now come the fun part of kitting her out, enjoy your new ride

tonyla said:
Max BMW delivered my 09' LT today. WOW what a Bike, and the mirrors I complained about, forget about it, They are perfect once there set up properly. Took my wife for a ride
and she was so excited(very rarely went on the RT) we looked like the Viagra commercial.

The intercom and GPS haven't arrived yet but that will make it even better.

I was a little concerned about giving up the agility of the RT but I can see this is one agile pup.

It was nice to put two full face helmets in the top case.

Got to use reverse alot. AT first seemed to go too fast but by the end of the day I wish it had a 2nd gear,

THe one thing I took from my first 100 miles was STABILITY.

Got to go Wifey in one of the two tubs overlooking the bluff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. Having a wife or fiancee excited about riding makes the ride that much better! We took the LT on a south Texas trip several months ago and it still rides like a dream!

--------------------------------------------------------
04 K1200LT-present
07 k1200GT-?
03 k1200RS-past
0? R1200GS-future?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,024 Posts
Viagra, Cialis, replaced by LT. Now that's a marketing plan! One member has it right, "wind in my face, boobies in my back." Togetherness in a good way begets more togetherness in good ways. Enjoy your new ride and all of it's fringe benefits. ;)

...including farkleization. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,273 Posts
Your post reminds me of the first time I rode my 99 LT. A lot has changed in my life since, but I still smile every time I go for a ride.

There were a few repair bills that did not make me smile, but since I bought my LT I have spend lots of money on things I don't even remember or even regret now. But when I get on my LT I smile. Having the LT has caused my to meet many of my good friends, It has been, and continuous to be a great investment.

Congratulations, Hopefully after 10 years you can look back with a smile on your face like I do.

PS: When I get ready to need Viagra, I might try another new bike, sounds like more fun. And when a ride lasts longer than four hours I can just stop, no need to see a doctor immediately :rotf:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,330 Posts
Don't ya just love happy couples? Congrats on the new ride.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,615 Posts
BennyBob said:
Viagra, Cialis, replaced by LT. Now that's a marketing plan! One member has it right, "wind in my face, boobies in my back." Togetherness in a good way begets more togetherness in good ways. Enjoy your new ride and all of it's fringe benefits. ;)

...including farkleization. :D
I feel sorry for all those folks who need chemical help. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the great post, its nice to hear from a group that can handle a little levity in life.

Tomorrow it should be about 45 in the morning when I leave for work. It will be a good time to test the wind protection and heated seats. I will miss my cup holder (hasn't arrived yet)though for coffee.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
Enjoy...enjoy and enjoy! May your smile never fade...or the wifeys either for that matter!;)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top