BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Don't bother with leather. Go with Kevlar. Better protection and more comfortable.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
dsauer608 said:
It'd be cool if you had a link for said garments.....:D
YEESSSSS! Please forgive me.....:eek: :D

www.motoport.com

Expensive BUT unbeatable "replacement" guarantee and the best custom-made quality, bar none. If you ever needed a reason to ride to the beautiful Orange-curtain to be fitted, here's the reason! :)

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
jayjacobson said:
YEESSSSS! Please forgive me.....:eek: :D

www.motoport.com

Expensive BUT unbeatable "replacement" guarantee and the best custom-made quality, bar none. If you ever needed a reason to ride to the beautiful Orange-curtain to be fitted, here's the reason! :)
+1 on the Motoport/Cycleport gear. I had two of their suits a few years back, an Kevlar and an Ultra Mesh, and both were some of the best and most protective gear I had owned. Had 2 kevlar suits, actually, I got to test one when I got rear ended by a truck doing 45 mph when I was at a full stop. Trust me, these suits work.

·
Registered
845 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
+1 on the Motoport/Cycleport gear. I had two of their suits a few years back, an Kevlar and an Ultra Mesh, and both were some of the best and most protective gear I had owned. Had 2 kevlar suits, actually, I got to test one when I got rear ended by a truck doing 45 mph when I was at a full stop. Trust me, these suits work.
Oh, so that explains the Olympia jacket....! ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I assume you're looking at this particular suit for a sport bike?? I wear a Dainese Laguna 1 pc suit for the track. If you want it for touring, kevlar/mesh is far mor comfortable IMO. If it's for track/canyon carving on a sport bike, Pilot makes custom suits for about the same price as the AGV 1 piece suit. Many privateers use/race in these leathers. My next suit will be from them since I want a little bit more of a custom fit than my Dainese suit. Just my thoughts....

George

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
dsauer608 said:
Oh, so that explains the Olympia jacket....! ;)
Hmm, I seem to remember the Olympia being a good enough recommendation for someone I know to go buy one. :p

Honestly, I considered going the Motoport route again. But knowing that I would want/need 2 suits (Kevlar and mesh) with waterproof liners, etc., at about $900 - 1000 a set, and looking at the Olympia and getting 2 suits with those features for less than the price of one Motoport, well, the wallet kinda help make that decision. But if I didn't think I was getting the level of protection I want or require from the Olympia suits I would not have bought them and would have dropped the larger $$$ on the Motoport suits again.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
....Had 2 kevlar suits, actually, I got to test one when I got rear ended by a truck doing 45 mph when I was at a full stop.....
:eek: WOW, Dave! You have really "field" tested your kevlar suit!! :eek2: Was that "collision suit" from Motoport? If so, how did they honor their warrantee?

Oh, and how's your back, btw? :bowdown:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts