BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes, we're aware of it and prefer hanging out here instead of on a commercial site whose sole purpose of being is to target its captive audience with advertising. That company grabs names of any and all new bikes and creates similar forums.. it's nice to have a model specific forum, but I hate the spam, and of course, the more traffic they generate, the more they charge for the vendors for those ads.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Most of the links on that site take you to advertizers. Still it is a good site for more information. I prefer this site but also frequent the other.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
fluffy said:
Yes, we're aware of it and prefer hanging out here instead of on a commercial site whose sole purpose of being is to target its captive audience with advertising.
Are you the new spokesman for all 25,000 of "us"? :rotf:

·
Old Dawg
3,283 Posts
The nerve of a website to profit from advertising :rolleyes:

·
Registered
530 Posts
scottydawg said:
The nerve of a website to profit from advertising :rolleyes:
Oh the evel of profits !
Honestly both sites have there good and not so good parts. The more info that you get the better. I will go to the other site as soon as finish with this site.

·
IBR# 366
16,549 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
Are you the new spokesman for all 25,000 of "us"? :rotf:
Hey, I thought that was me! :histerica

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
fluffy said:
Yes, we're aware of it and prefer hanging out here instead of on a commercial site whose sole purpose of being is to target its captive audience with advertising. That company grabs names of any and all new bikes and creates similar forums.. it's nice to have a model specific forum, but I hate the spam, and of course, the more traffic they generate, the more they charge for the vendors for those ads.
I keep a Yahoo.com email address for sites like this. Tends to cut down on the spam....

·
Registered
193 Posts
I happen to frequent both sites too, although I prefer this one (since it also covers all things BMW, not just the K1600).

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I like this site better. You don't get the verbal abuse on a commercial site that you do here. It is what gives this site its charm.

·
IBR# 366
16,549 Posts
Hey, I thought that was me! :histerica

Oh wait, never mind. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts