BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After weeks of looking, riding and reading all that I can here I have made the jump. Knowing all that i have learned, mostly from all of you guys in here I have bought my first K16. I have been a R1200Rt faithful up until now. Ten years on my last beemer. Love that bike! Well I had to go and ride the k16 and it blew my socks off! Just a step up for me with the thrill factor. Thank you all for all your postings. It did me well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! Rode the bike home yesterday in some nasty rain. Put a v-stream shield on the bike for the 90 mile ride home over Donner Summit here in Calif. Nothing like finding out how wet you'll get on your first day out! A little more exposure on my lower legs than what I am use to. The trade off for all the bike has to offer is well worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Welcome - My first ride home from the dealer was a little wet too. Left the remote control home and had to borrow a neighbors key to get inside my house to open the garage door!

She got a bath while I figured out how to get inside....

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen that pic! Nice bike. And how long did it sit outside before you got into the house?
It was nice to see just how much protection I was going to have first day out. The snow at the summit made it interesting for a mile or two! Nothing but wet roads. Stuck to the face shield like glue! Wiping it every ten seconds so that I could see. The bike, no problem.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Not long - I found a hidden key and opened the garage. It's hard to believe that the bike is approaching 4 years old this July. She was ~400 off the boat and has been a dream. Every ride is better and better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts