BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New (to us) 2014 K1600GTLe this fall! Just finished putting on a Russell seat, Aeroflow windshield and wings, C4 pannier protection and AltRider engine bars. Also added Betsy running light conversion and a Skene IQ-260 taillight controller wired to a custom split LED bar on the top case.

Bikers since 1967, my wife and I just sold our last rides (2008 Sportster1200 and 1994 BMW R1100rsl) to get a two-up tourer. Think we've got it pretty much decked out correctly - new helmets and updated riding gear (after 25 years of leather!). Time to hit the road.

Photo below is my trusty 1976 Windsor trainer and its new stable-mate, 'Max' (named for Maximillian in Frozen).

History includes Suzuki two-cycles (loved the Water Buffalo!), a couple Hondas, multiple Harley's and bicycles of various types. Most interesting trip was a Beach's tour of New Zealand South Island with about 15 other bikes. Two weeks in 'Lord of the Rings' scenery! Did an Italy tour with Beach's last summer but took a two seater Audi convertible instead. Kept up with the RTs on the 300 hairpin turns every day - and could put the top up when it rained! :)

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts