BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchaded a k 1200 lt 1999 ABS and was wondering if any body could point me in the right direction to get generic oil air and petrol filters and the best oils to use in engine final drive ect milage is 22000.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I have just purchaded a k 1200 lt 1999 ABS and was wondering if any body could point me in the right direction to get generic oil air and petrol filters and the best oils to use in engine final drive ect milage is 22000.
Well, you will get a large number of opinions on what oil to use so just ignore all the oil heads unles you are going to do UOA and use a good premium oil with the proper rating and change it at the specified interval and you can hardly go wrong. Moble 1 15W50 from as it has a high Zinc content for the older type motor of the LT. Not sure how easy it is to get where you are. You can use either Dino or Syn gear oil for the FD. Hypoid 75W90 or sae 90 API-GL-5. Again, the opinions will be many on what to use. Just use a premium and not a generic oil. It only takes a little so you will get 3 changes at least on a single quart so you can do it if you want with your standard oil change for not too much money.

Here in the US, Beamer Boneyard sells oil filter kits that many here use. You can also find OEM filters on Amazon. They may be available on Amazon.UK also. These are OEM equipment so no need to look for a generic and are usually less than from a dealer.

OIL
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068O1CF4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AIR
NEW Mahle Air Filter For K1200RS/GT/LT Bikes (GT Through 2005 Only)

https://www.amazon.com/MAHLE-Original-LX-1710-Filter/dp/B0068OBYBG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476803713&sr=8-1&keywords=mahle+lx1710

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you search Bosch filters you can find the exact same as BMW stock on Amazon for much much less

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all just a quick question on the final drive any one have any idea how much between 80/140 and the recommended 75/140 And would the 80/140 work thanks

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Hello all just a quick question on the final drive any one have any idea how much between 80/140 and the recommended 75/140 And would the 80/140 work thanks
Clymer specs out SAE90 Hypoid SPEC GL5 for the final drive. Same for the Transmission. I am running a 75W90. Pic your favorite dino or Syn and don't start an oil thread.

Reactions: kbob12
1 - 7 of 7 Posts