BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got an E-mail from Mike Kneebone saying that I'm now a official member of the IronButt association! Just waiting for the paperwork and license plate holder. This is something I waited too long to do and now that I completed the run I want to do it again! Pretty sick huh?

·
IBR# 366
16,562 Posts
Excellent, John. Hope you enjoyed the ride. Details?

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Congrats John,
Most say that sick is normal for a IBA member. :p:D
Now where is the story!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
johnrehder said:
Well I just got an E-mail from Mike Kneebone saying that I'm now a official member of the IronButt association! Just waiting for the paperwork and license plate holder. This is something I waited too long to do and now that I completed the run I want to do it again! Pretty sick huh?
Congrats! Now comes the hard part -- where ya going put the sticker??? :)

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
johnrehder said:
It only gets worse, kinda like farkles. congrats

Jeff in Myrtle Beach

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Congrats!

Way to go John!
Welcome to the dark side. :abduct:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Congratulations!

Way to go John. :) But be careful, it's addicting! ;) As Coni has already said, welcome to the dark side. :eek:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Nice going John! Say, you just might want to reconsider selling your UniGo-you can use it to haul all your IBA certificates around. Once you become and IBA'er its tough to stop. Hope to see you and Deb up at IronHorse this weekend.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ride details

Thanks all! I did my SS1000 and BB1500 on the way out to CCR this year. Left Atlanta at 4:30am and did not stop for 1150 miles which put me in Kearney Nebr. at 10:30 that night. Met a couple of fellows heading to CCR at the motel 6. Got up early the next morning 6am and finished my ride at Rawlins Wy with 1575 miles behind me. Got a witness to sign my paperwork and rode the rest of the way to Lake Jackson lodge. After leaving CCR I did the same thing in reverse but did not document the ride. Two days out and two days back. The wind was pretty bad through nebr and wyoming on both trips. Hot too so I drank lots of water and gatoraide. No problems with the bike at all. Thanks again for all the well wishes and yes I will have to do another run sometime. ride safe!!

meese said:
Excellent, John. Hope you enjoyed the ride. Details?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Congrats!!! One thing I've noticed since I did mine was how tough it seems now. It seemed easy when I did it, now I'll ride like five or six hundred miles in a day and be beat tired and wonder how it was so easy. I think the trick is leaving early.

Again, congratulations!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts