BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the day installing an HID kit. I did it the hard way, took all the tupperware and the nose cone off, partly because I never had and wanted to see what was underneath! Took my time, and used the toolkit that comes with the K1200LT, so that I could know I could do this on the side of the road if I have to. The HID kit was pretty easy to install, used a DDM 4300K. Cleaned every fairing panel inside and out before replacing it. I can't wait to get out and do a little night driving, because that HID is one bright little dude. I used a lot of the instructions from this forum for fairing R&R, nose fairing R&R, and HID installation. It would have been a nasty little chore without all the contributions from a lot of you on this forum, and I want to thank you all. :p

So, at this point, I have added:
Grip Puppies
Bakup back rest (nice used one)
Mirror retention cables
HID low beam

Motolights are on their way.

Jerry

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
jsb said:
Spent the day installing an HID kit. I did it the hard way, took all the tupperware and the nose cone off, partly because I never had and wanted to see what was underneath! Took my time, and used the toolkit that comes with the K1200LT, so that I could know I could do this on the side of the road if I have to. The HID kit was pretty easy to install, used a DDM 4300K. Cleaned every fairing panel inside and out before replacing it. I can't wait to get out and do a little night driving, because that HID is one bright little dude. I used a lot of the instructions from this forum for fairing R&R, nose fairing R&R, and HID installation. It would have been a nasty little chore without all the contributions from a lot of you on this forum, and I want to thank you all. :p

So, at this point, I have added:
Grip Puppies
Bakup back rest (nice used one)
Mirror retention cables
HID low beam

Motolights are on their way.

Jerry

Your money woes have only begun :histerica

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
pkpr1998 said:
That is so true.
My first add-on was the motolights at CCR 05.
Now I got HID, GPS, XM, J-PEGS, Break flasher, Side LEDs, Intercom, BMR shelf, GMRS, Kathy's bags, Tank Bag, Air compressor, tire repair kits and yes mirror teathers. Then there's all your gear. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mwnahas said:
Then there's all your gear. :D
Then, by the time you get all that, it's time for a new motorcycle, and the whole thing starts again. :rolleyes:

jb

·
Registered
64 Posts
Michael,

Interested you say you have fitted an air compressor. Not heard of this before. Any details, please? And where did you fit it?

Thanks.

Tom

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,257 Posts
Tom,

Most have picked up Thomas air compressors off of e-bay and mount them in the space where the charcoal canister was after performing a "canisterectomy". A search on either will turn up several posts.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
pkpr1998 said:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day
teach a man to fish and .........
he needs a $20,000 boat, GPS, depth finder, Penn reels, etc. etc.

now take that thought over to motorcycles

give a man a ride and you've made him happy for a day
teach a man to ride and........... well you already know the rest! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts