BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to group. My name is Ron, I just bought my first "K" a 2002 1200LT Titan Silver.
It has been neglected and needs?? Tires & battery for a start., seat has a crack, mostly that sort of thing. Runs,stops, & steers..just fine..But I got it for a very attractive price, so I'm not complaining. I currently have an R1150R that I ride, so I have all coming winter to get the LT travel ready.

This also my first full-dress tourer, but I have owned other BMWs ...airheads / oilheads.As well as other brands.

I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions,...hope i don't wear my welcome out.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ron02LT said:
Tires & battery for a start.,
I think they all need that. Mine also needed a 10 amp fuse for the headlight and a 12,000 interval service. I think there are a LOT of Dealer Serviced bikes out there that get sold because the owner doesn't want to part with another kilobuck for someone else's labor.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Welcome!

A few pieces of free advice, which may well be worth what you paid for it:

1) Do not be afraid to ask questions. You will find this place an incredible information resource and the members an extremely deep well of knowledge and experience.

2) If you are asking questions about multiple items and/or systems, try to ask each in its own thread. This makes it easier, IMHO, to find information on a given topic based on the thread title.

3) Related to number 2, above, make your thread titles descriptive so others can tell what a thread is likely to be about before opening. Spelling counts. For example, if you spell the work breaks instead of brakes, search will not be terribly helpful. Handel bars ve handle bars. Other may disagree with me, and we all maek are shear of type-o's, so donut wurry two mooch if you loose you're mine from thyme too time.

4) The search function is your friend. So is the "Hall Of Wisdom."

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
deputy5211 said:
Welcome!

A few pieces of free advice, which may well be worth what you paid for it:

1) Do not be afraid to ask questions. You will find this place an incredible information resource and the members an extremely deep well of knowledge and experience.

2) If you are asking questions about multiple items and/or systems, try to ask each in its own thread. This makes it easier, IMHO, to find information on a given topic based on the thread title.

3) Related to number 2, above, make your thread titles descriptive so others can tell what a thread is likely to be about before opening. Spelling counts. For example, if you spell the work breaks instead of brakes, search will not be terribly helpful. Handel bars ve handle bars. Other may disagree with me, and we all maek are shear of type-o's, so donut wurry two mooch if you loose you're mine from thyme too time.

4) The search function is your friend. So is the "Hall Of Wisdom."

Thanks for the welcome, and the tips.

·
Registered
335 Posts
deputy5211 said:
Welcome!

Spelling counts. For example, if you spell the work breaks instead of brakes, search will not be terribly helpful. Handel bars ve handle bars. Other may disagree with me, and we all maek are shear of type-o's, so donut wurry two mooch if you loose you're mine from thyme too time.

."
Wow, Tony. I've always known that your advice was beyond comparison but I've never been so impressed with your artickulation. You da man, man.

My other point - Welcome to the forum Ron02LT. You will be in good company here.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Deputy5211 said:
Spelling counts. For example, if you spell the work breaks instead of brakes, search will not be terribly helpful. Handel bars ve handle bars. Other may disagree with me, and we all maek are shear of type-o's, so donut wurry two mooch if you loose you're mine from thyme too time.
tips727 said:
Wow, Tony. I've always known that your advice was beyond comparison but I've never been so impressed with your artickulation. You da man, man.
Das da fac, jak.

·
Registered
149 Posts
One newbie to another, welcome aboard. I also recently purchased an 02 lte, first thing I had to do was put in a clutch, slave cylinder and trans seals. The clutch was surpisingly easy, the output seal on the trans was another story, lol. I've put about 3000 miles on it so far, love the gas mileage, tunes, cruise, windshield...ah, well actually, everything but that damn seat and J-pegs so close I can't even lift my legs high enough to use them.
Now all you have to do is make it your own and ride the snot out of it..these puppy's run good.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
olddog1946 said:
One newbie to another, welcome aboard. I also recently purchased an 02 lte, first thing I had to do was put in a clutch, slave cylinder and trans seals. The clutch was surpisingly easy, the output seal on the trans was another story, lol. I've put about 3000 miles on it so far, love the gas mileage, tunes, cruise, windshield...ah, well actually, everything but that damn seat and J-pegs so close I can't even lift my legs high enough to use them.
Now all you have to do is make it your own and ride the snot out of it..these puppy's run good.

Well I'm hoping mine won't need anything major, at least for a while. It has been neglected , but I got it for a low-ball price so? Mostly what it needs is cosmetic, the exception being the tires & a battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.