BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded in my 2000 R1100RT for a K1200LT. Well here we go!

·
Premium Member
7,797 Posts
Hi Jonathan. Let me be the first to welcome you to this site! Sit back and enjoy - there is a lot of info, wisdom, guidance, and humor here. Got a question? Ask it. Chances are near-certain someone has been there/done that.

Congratulations on the new LT.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Thumperjon said:
Just traded in my 2000 R1100RT for a K1200LT. Well here we go!
Hi and welcome!

Congratulations! When you read trough the forum you´ll notice that LT needs a little bit practice to get used to; specially the weight of the bike! But read "technical", you´ll learn a lot. This forum helps you to maintain the bike, I´m sure of it! Many guys here do all the maintenance of the bike, there is a lot of knowledge here

·
Registered
929 Posts
Welcome to the forum...you are going to love the ride. Spend some time reading from the hall of wisdom. Great reading and many questions can be answered there. Hey, you got have something to do while waiting for all that snow to melt.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fpmlt said:
Is that a brand new 09? Just curious, did you conside the new 1600 before buying?
Its an 2009 with 2900 miles and lots of extras. I truly did consider the 2011 and almost ordered one then learned no reverse, no power center stand. I have survived with two jugs a long time having four is a step up for me so I wont miss six. :)

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I was a new guy last fall, these guys and this site have been invaluable!! If you need some info, it's either here or these guys can get it for you.

You will love the bike.

David

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I'm sure that if you've looked around much, you've already read that these bike thrive on higher RPMs. It took me a while to get used to it, compared to my Harley, but once you do get used to it, running her into the 7's is a kick in the butt.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Welcome aboard Jon. :wave I went from an RT to the LT and have never regretted it. I am sure you will love the ride. :dance:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome on board..You'll find a wealth of information, and some great people here..(Myself included).

D

:dance:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts