BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I just purchased (on Tuesday) a 2008 K1200GT. This is the second BMW in my stable. I also own a 2002 R1200C in like new condition. I have so far put about 300 miles on the GT and don't want to park it. It is habit forming! Has all the bells and whistles including Russel Day-Long heated seats. That ESA is awesome! I have most of it figured out. I also came with the huge 42 liter top case but I probably won't attach it unless I do a RON trip. I was browsing the forum and was impressed with the collection of knowledge found here. Hope to meet some of you on the road. Try to keep up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
TwoBrittanys said:
Hi. I just purchased (on Tuesday) a 2008 K1200GT. This is the second BMW in my stable. I also own a 2002 R1200C in like new condition. I have so far put about 300 miles on the GT and don't want to park it. It is habit forming! Has all the bells and whistles including Russel Day-Long heated seats. That ESA is awesome! I have most of it figured out. I also came with the huge 42 liter top case but I probably won't attach it unless I do a RON trip. I was browsing the forum and was impressed with the collection of knowledge found here. Hope to meet some of you on the road. Try to keep up.
Frank,
As others will soon say, "Welcome to the Asylum!'
This site has been invaluable to me regarding my moto and I have friends all over the world due to posts and personal meetings.
Welcome and Ride Safe!
Paul

·
Registered
51 Posts
Given that you now have the exact same year and model bike as I do (and, apparently, even the same color), Frank, I congratulate you!

I too had the large trunk but soon sold it because it seemed to influence the bike's one-up handling in certain wind conditions, acting as a kind of rudder that I could feel in the handlebars. The friend who bought the trunk and uses it on his K1200GT, however, does not complain of this effect and I have yet to see mention of it by any other owners of the K1200 or K1300GTs. Either it was "just my imagination" or I'm just too sensitive to that sort of thing. In any case, I hope you'll let us know what your experience is in this respect.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Frank,
Several LEOs (active & retired) roam the site. Welcome! I loved my GT. Safe riding!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Welcome - nice looking bike. Enjoy the ride.
Bill

·
Registered
185 Posts
I took my bike for a short ride today and usually ride without the topcase (49 liters) unless I'm riding 2-up. I installed a Wunderlich rack on it this winter. I've never noticed a handling issue with it on.

·
IBR# 366
16,554 Posts
kbmwgt said:
Ooooooo a silver one...they're the fastest color ya know. :dance: :D
That may be so, or maybe not . . . but my grey '07 has been in an awful lot more states than your silver one. :D

And my '09 is rapidly gaining on you, with 10 states in just the first month . . . :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
meese said:
That may be so, or maybe not . . . but my grey '07 has been in an awful lot more states than your silver one. :D

And my '09 is rapidly gaining on you, with 10 states in just the first month . . . :)

Meese, do you really expect any of us to compete with your mileage? :wave

You rock. :dance:

·
IBR# 366
16,554 Posts
kbmwgt said:
Meese, do you really expect any of us to compete with your mileage?
Well, I haven't seen the official 2010 BMW MOA Mileage Contest results yet, but I'm told that Paul Glaves kicked my ass this year. :) Then again, he's not a "normal" rider, either. :bike:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts