BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and thank in advance for your assistance.

I have a 05 k1200LT with the factory Navigator II and Voice II system. I am looking to upgrade the GPS and don't have a clue as to go with the Navigator IV, Navigator V or the Garmin Zumo 390LM or 590LM.

The feature on the GPS that I use the most is the speedometer so I know my current speed. Do the Garmins or new Navigators have a navigation screen that display the bikes current speed on a portion of the moving map?

On around town rides with a half face helmet and often listen to the radio and GPS though the bike speakers. Would any of the GPS's work with the bikes speakers?

On longer journeys I ride with a full face helmet that is hardwired to the Voice II system. My Navigator II presently talks through the Voice II system into my helmet. Are there any options to integrate any of the newer GPS's with the Voice II system?

Finally, I noticed that the Garmin systems have a Tire Pressure Sensing system that I really like. Does the Navigator IV or V have the Tire Pressure Sensing system as the Zumo that would display tire pressures in the GPS?

Thanks a bunch for all your help.

:bmw:

Stu

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not sure what you went with (since your post was in Sept), but I can advise you on what NOT to go with (if you haven't already). See my post re the Zumo 665.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Check out the online reviews on the 590LM.... ( even Kirk has one at Illinois BMW riders).
I put one on my GT, and always used the speed indicator on the GPS over the bike speedo.
Has lots wiring/cabling & bluetooth options, I use mine connected to an Autocom system, have hard wired music, phone connects via bluetooth and auto-answers.
Eventually I might put the same cradle on the LT so I can use it on both bikes, but the 550 on the LT still works fine so only benefit (for me) would be the larger screen and mp3 music on the micro sd card.
Don't use most of the optional features on the 590 here in Oz.
Works good in car with supplied cradle too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts