BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Color me confused! Saw reference to this in the Sept AMA magazine. Among about a 100 other changes/additions to the Florida traffic laws House Bill 1223 says this;

" With respect to license tags affixed vertically to a motorcycle or moped, the bill removes the requirement that such vehicles must maintain a prepaid account and a transponder; however, the owner or operator must pay any required toll by whatever means available."

So, what does this mean, If I display my tag vertically and I don't have transponder and there's no tool booth that takes cash what do I do. I suppose the camera will take my photo and then the trans Dept will send me a letter telling me that I owe them the cost of the toll plus some ridiculous processing fee. So OK, however seems to me that there is an implication here that if I display my tag horizontally that I MUST maintain a prepaid transponder or I'll not only have to pay the fee by mail but may be subject to a fine! Anybody out there know what the real deal is?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
First, have your full face helmet air brushed with the face of someone else (Obama?), then run all the tolls. When "they" contact you, tell them to take a look at the photo, and that's who you just sold your bike to!!! :rotf:

(sorry Lynn, sometimes I just can't help myself)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts