BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a new Remus exhaust on my 02 LT at the MOA rally. So far I am pleased with the result. I seem to have more power and the annoying vibration that I used to experience around 4500 rpm is gone. It is somewhat louder than the original, but not overwhelming, even though I got the "street" version of their cannister. I also bought a chip from Rhine West, but so far have not installed it, as it requires major disassembly of the bike to get at the computer. My bike also needs a valve adjustment, which I can do as soon as I get my other bike running. (hate to be without a ride). I can't wait to see how it does with the new chip and a proper tune-up. I'll follow with another report when I get that done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Which exhaust did you use? Can't seem to find one for the LT on their website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also gained some weight savings as the new system is quite a bit lighter than the old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
The new sound was nice for a while, but I quickly tired of the drone, not to mention it was just too loud for the type of bike it is IMO. When you decide enough is enough, give this
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=939
a try. You'll be glad you did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,451 Posts
Rhinewest used my LT as their test mule. We put some interesting chips in that bike and I got real good and real fast at stripping her down and putting her back together.

You're gonna love the Remus/Rhinewest combo. The bike spins up faster. The fellers at Rhinewest are very good at what they do. Hank and Jim are great mechanics and even better folks. I don't hesitate to recommend them. They also turn BMW cars into street slayers.

The only problem with the combo is your gas mileage will suffer as you won't want to stay out of the throttle. Funny, the gas mileage on my GT suffers the same way????



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,883 Posts
4" seems to be a little too long !

Sofitel505 said:
The new sound was nice for a while, but I quickly tired of the drone, not to mention it was just too loud for the type of bike it is IMO. When you decide enough is enough, give this
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=939
a try. You'll be glad you did.
I must have a different Remus as the 4" tube I tried to insert is too long to fit inside (hate to think where this might go!) the pipe. I did not want to force it. I'm planning to shorten it and wondered if anyone faced similar situation? I've had the Street Remus for several years and am not adverse to lowering the sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,916 Posts
You will love it.

I have the combo too. The trip to and back from the Haul Road, a round trip of 12060, no problems with exhaust or chip. Best money I have spend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might have to try the noise modification. As far as gas mileage, the people at the rally who sold me the exhaust, Maxmoto, said I would get better mileage with the chip. I guess that remains to be seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,451 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there a rev limiter on the LTs? I never usually rev it anywhere near the red line so I wouldn't know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
tonyn1 said:
I might have to try the noise modification. As far as gas mileage, the people at the rally who sold me the exhaust, Maxmoto, said I would get better mileage with the chip. I guess that remains to be seen.
I bought my combo from Maxmoto as well. My experience has been that gas mileage actually went up. I average 50-52 on the interstate using the actual mileage/refill volume method. The computer is actually not too far off though.

The dyno said that the bike is running at a perfect 14.5:1 at cruise and 13.2:1 WOT with the Rhinewest. Hank tuned it right on the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
dandiver said:
I must have a different Remus as the 4" tube I tried to insert is too long to fit inside (hate to think where this might go!) the pipe. I did not want to force it. I'm planning to shorten it and wondered if anyone faced similar situation? I've had the Street Remus for several years and am not adverse to lowering the sound.

I ran into the same thing. Mine actually extends a little from the Remus tip about .75". I just cut it at an angle so it matches the Remus profile. Looks OK. I also didn't depend on only RTV to keep it in there so I just used a small #10 screw and lock nut underneath to secure it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,883 Posts
thanks

Sort of what I thought. Back to the hack saw.......
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top