BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

New England Trip Advice

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LTOehler 
#1 ·
Guy's I'm planning a trip to the New England area around mid-August. This will be a little different trip because my wife will be with me for the trip. Here's the planned route.

How is the weather in mid August? I'm really looking forward to booking this trip, but I'm concerned about bad weather. My wife has ridden with me in the rain, but if it rains all week then I'll be in the dog house for the rest of the year.

Let me know what you think about the trip. Thanks.

Greg

#2 ·
This isn't much of an answer, but if it doesn't rain and it's not too hot, it's going to be a great trip. If it rains, well then it's gonna suck. New England is as unreliable as any other area (except the Desert Southwest) as far as weather goes. Normally, August is a great month to travel there. When on two wheels, rain is always a PITA but has to be planned for in any event. Good luck and safe riding.

#3 ·
Weather happens... You picked the best time of the year to be in Maine. However your map has you going up 95 from Portland. You will split the best ME has, Mountains and lakes in the west and ocean to the east. 95 is just another crappy highway with nothing to offer. I would pick the small roads up the coastline. (rt 1 can be a slow crawl but there are tone of roads to each side).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.