BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remeber reading a few weeks ago that EBC has a different part number for the front pads on '99-'01 LTs with non-linked brakes, but, for the life of me, I can't find the post.

Anyone know for sure what the new pad part number is?

TIA

George

·
Registered
69 Posts
i emailedEBC when i found out about the discontinued part for the front brakes. they gave me the new part no. but I cant find it. I think it was HH701.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The latest EBC catalog shows FA246HH for 99-00 LT's and FA294HH for the 01-07's. The FA 246HH will be replaced with the FA407HH (includes clip assembly).

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
EBC Catalog

astuber said:
The latest EBC catalog shows FA246HH for 99-00 LT's and FA294HH for the 01-07's. The FA 246HH will be replaced with the FA407HH (includes clip assembly).
Speaking of EBC Catalogs, here is a Link to their entire catalog of Brake parts, including discs (rotors):
http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Assets/2007usamc.pdf

It is in pdf format and if you check the FF248 pads you will see a footnote in red that says they will be replaced by the newer number which includes the anti-rattle clips. This is great news since that was the reason to not go with the EBC front pads in the past.

John

·
Registered
878 Posts
When I installed the FA246HH pads last year, I reused the existing anti rattle clip. No noise at all

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

astuber said:

Thanks!
That's exactly what I needed.

GB

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Brake shoes

Where do you buy your brake shoes? I've bought from A&S and Chicago BMW........... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
rattler50 said:
Where do you buy your brake shoes? I've bought from A&S and Chicago BMW........... :rolleyes:
Check Ron Ayer's prices over in Plano --- usually good numbers, and on tires too.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
EBC pads

Thanks Dick. He was 1/2 the price of A & S. I ordered a full set, front and rear. My mic is at work but my eyeball tells me that my rear is close to needing replaced...........25K. I don't want to score a rotor....... :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
rattler50 said:
Thanks Dick. He was 1/2 the price of A & S. I ordered a full set, front and rear. My mic is at work but my eyeball tells me that my rear is close to needing replaced...........25K. I don't want to score a rotor....... :)
That doesn't sound like enough mileage to warrant new pads. My LT has 60,000 miles on the OEM fronts and 52,000 on the EBC rears. They still look good!

No noise, no warping, no problems!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Mileage

I'll get my digital calipers and measure the pads. I don't want to scar the rotor. Maybe I'm just a little paranoid after ruining a rotor on my Venture due to a stuck piston............... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts