BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a new BMW dealership in town in Knoxville, Tennessee. It is called Destination Motorcycles. They are at the intersection of Hwy 70/11 in west Knoxville. It is about 2 miles from I-40/I-75 interchange comng into Knoxville from the west/south.

Not only do they sell the BMW, they also sell Ducati's, Vespas and Pellagio's (spelling).

Megan, who was in parts at BMW of Atlanta is now at Destination. This gal seems to know what she is talking about!

www.destinationmotorcycles.com

865-988-4420 (#)
865-988-4419 (fax)

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Megan

pkpr1998 said:
Megan, who was in parts at BMW of Atlanta is now at Destination. This gal seems to know what she is talking about!
The word seems is incorrect. The operative phrase is "This gal knows what she is talking about." I've dealt the Megan over the last year and half at BMW of Atlanta, she knows what she is doing. :) Guess I'm going to have to make a long ride to see her now. :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
Can Someone Add This To The Gps Waypoints???

pkpr1998 said:
There is a new BMW dealership in town in Knoxville, Tennessee. It is called Destination Motorcycles. They are at the intersection of Hwy 70/11 in west Knoxville. It is about 2 miles from I-40/I-75 interchange comng into Knoxville from the west/south.

Not only do they sell the BMW, they also sell Ducati's, Vespas and Pellagio's (spelling).

www.destinationmotorcycles.com

865-988-4420 (#)
865-988-4419 (fax)
Can Someone Add This To The Gps Waypoints file ???

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve, after I re-read my post you are correct, she DOES know what she is doing!
Justin, I thought about the way points but they don't have the points on their card nor do I have a GPS to have taken the reading while I was there this past Thursday.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
One can only assume that they got her back together again, I hate it when I fall to pieces! I also see that she finally arrived at her destination!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
And the girl knows how to ride!

Megan, not only knows parts, she races her bike regularly. :cool: I'm going to miss dealing with her at BMW of Atlanta. :(

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Did I Miss Something Or Is Their Website Out of Date?

Is their website out of date. Didn't see any mention or pix of BMW???

...we ride and believe in a products we represent. Ducati, Triumph, Moto Guzzi, Piaggio and Vespa , each marque is unique, representing the best in its category, not only in performance and quality, but in value.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
jpalamaro said:
Is their website out of date. Didn't see any mention or pix of BMW???
Well, since Brett was just there, I would have to assume (shame on me) that he would know what he is talking about. I've seen websites be behind before.

HTH :)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
It just stuck my curiosity because of some Knoxville interest on my part. I used to live there many years ago. And, I did some inquiries with BMW as of late and they were only interested in single point dealers . . . that's why.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
jpalamaro said:
It just stuck my curiosity because of some Knoxville interest on my part. I used to live there many years ago. And, I did some inquiries with BMW as of late and they were only interested in single point dealers . . . that's why.
That's insteresting. I know of a couple of dealers that a multiple bike dealers. Touring Sport in Greenville, SC and Capitol BMW in Raleigh. The former does BMW and Ducati, IIRC, and the later BMW, Triumph, and a scooter line. And I think Capitol in Raleigh is a fairly new dealership.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Then you haven't been keeping up with the latest BMW dealer development programs. I posted quite a while ago on the old site that BMW had changed its priorities on new dealer development.

Single Line BMW Dealers: Preferred, and highly encouraged
Multi-line European Dealers: Acceptable
Multi-line Japanese Dealers: Actively discouraged

BMW will still encourage and attempt to mandate single-line BMW dealerships. These are the flagship stores that must comply with BMW's specifications (everything from the type of tile used on the showroom floor). After Tom Plucinsky left and Artero Pinero took the helm of BMW Motorrad USA, there seemed to be a shift in the previous emphasis on single-line BMW dealers. No longer are multi-line dealers shunned by the dealership development group at BMW -- well, as long as they are multi-line European shops (i.e., Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia, etc.). Multi-line Japanese dealers are still not encouraged, but existing dealers in this category still exist and are disappearing quickly. An example of this is the Deming, NM dealer who after years of being a well-known, high quality BMW dealer, has dropped BMW from his inventory.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
And I would add that Capital has been around a while. The Emrick family has since opened two additional dealerships, Carolina BMW and Cape Fear BMW, both of which are BMW only.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
"Megan, who was in parts at BMW of Atlanta is now at Destination. This gal seems to know what she is talking about!"

Megan is pretty nice, tell her Tom and Karen say hello!

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Steve_R said:
That's insteresting. I know of a couple of dealers that a multiple bike dealers. Touring Sport in Greenville, SC and Capitol BMW in Raleigh. The former does BMW and Ducati, IIRC, and the later BMW, Triumph, and a scooter line. And I think Capitol in Raleigh is a fairly new dealership.

yea it doesn;t seem to have any logical reasoning why they choose to have some dealers multi brand and others single brand only, I've seen both several times now,
haps in sarasota is multi brand as well.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, they have actually moved into a bank building. When you walk in the front door you see all of the BMW's, go to your left and you will see the Triumph's/Ducati, go straight back (once you walk in from the front door) and you will see another showroom that has the Vespa's and Pellagio's.
The Ducat's and BMW's are not separated by a wall, it's just a different room.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts