BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the dealer that I bought my K from, had to install a new clutch to make it sellable. The gentleman that owned her before me, towed a trailer and killed the clutch. And the question is; In installing a new clutch, is the Slave Cylinder part of the standard clutch replacement ?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,534 Posts
Only if it is leaking at the time they do the clutch. They usually don't do pre-emptive replacement. Now if he asked for it they would have done it.

That is what I chose to do when they were replacing a leaking tranny seal (output shaft) under warranty. He said if it is leaking it would be replaced under warranty but they would be happy to replace it if I wanted them to. So I chose to replace.

That was @18K. I trashed the clutch pulling my first trailer (slipped it just too much on roll start). Changed the clutch @ 45K but left the slave alone. Still going strong after pulling new trailer 12K with the bike @70K now. But I do check my weep hole.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, thanks for your help. I'm going to ride up to the dealer where I purchased her to see if I can get some history on the install. Apparently, the severity of the clutch issue wasn't discovered until after the previous owner drove off. Hopefully, I got lucky and everything was replaced giving me a new lease on life. Again, thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts