BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
the text of the report.......

In the edition of Feb.,2, the German motorcycle magazine MOTORRAD presented a report on a new K1850GLT, that is said to follow up the K1200LT.

The rumours speak of a brand new straight six cylinder engine with 1850cc, pneumatic level suspension adjustment, ABS, Anti-Slip, automatic transmission or electromagnetc gear change with dual clutch, and an airbag.

All these informations are said to originate from leakages apparently in BMW ranks, but BMW does not deny this 6 cylinder tourer project, expecting that this bike is to come by 2008 onto the market. If this materializes, Honda will probably get serious problems on Goldwing sales, if BMW keep their pricing within affordable levels.

On the Intermot motorcycle exhibition in Cologne a BMW representative on the booth leaked to me that they have been approached by hundreds of Goldwing riders in the past years that BMW should enter that market segment and introduce an innovative competition to the GL1800. May be this now materializes.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
WildernessJeep said:
Got an actual link???
No kiddin'! I surfed the site for a minute, but I had to get outta there butt quick!
I found myself wanting to attach little furry stuffed-animals to my GT. :rotf:

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Interesting artist's conception. Looks like an RT front & side fairings, Latest K-bike front end, GL1500 seats, FJR1300 bags, no topcase, and.... OMG.... White Walls! :eek: :v: I also don't think they would leave the motor exposed like that, a little too HD touring cruiser-esque for the Bavarian Bros.

It does make you wonder what would happen of the slapped 2 more cylinders on the latest K engine platform. :think: Any guesses on peak torque and horsepower from something like that, assuming tuning similar to the GT?

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
Interesting artist's conception. Looks like an RT front & side fairings, Latest K-bike front end, GL1500 seats, FJR1300 bags, no topcase, and.... OMG.... White Walls!...
and the seats look like the current Gold Wing's.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Wow... Love it or hate it... something to ponder. For now, I'm happy with my LT, just the way it is... :D Well, maybe another farkle or two..

:bmw: Bruce

·
Registered
98 Posts
From the small article of www.motorradonline.de " BMW-Pressesprecher Jürgen Stoffregen dementierte das Sechszylinder-Projekt keineswegs."
So, BMW denies having any 6-cylinder projects...... or my German is very bad:) Jari

·
Registered
253 Posts
pomppe said:
BMW-Pressesprecher Jürgen Stoffregen dementierte das Sechszylinder-Projekt keineswegs."
So, BMW denies having any 6-cylinder projects...... or my German is very bad:) Jari
Literal translation according to Imtranslator.net:

BMW press agent Jürgen Stoffregen denied the 6-cylinder-project by no means.

·
Registered
98 Posts
dlbushey said:
Literal translation according to Imtranslator.net:

BMW press agent Jürgen Stoffregen denied the 6-cylinder-project by no means.
Sorry, but I have to ask, because English is not my native language, what is the difference between my and Your translation? Jari

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
pomppe said:
Sorry, but I have to ask, because English is not my native language, what is the difference between my and Your translation? Jari
Ari,

Your translation meant thet BMW diened the project's existance, while in fact what was said is that BMW did NOT deny the projects existance.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
6 cyl

WOOOOHOOOO...........I could work with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
andy said:
Ari,

Your translation meant thet BMW diened the project's existance, while in fact what was said is that BMW did NOT deny the projects existance.
Ok, Thanks Andy. Maybe I have to start using those internet translators and stop trusting my 35 years old school German:eek: Jari

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
The first thing that I noticed was the turn signals on the mirrors and embedded in the Tupperware. Highly unlikely for BMW to do that. But from a GT owner's point of view, I see a lot of GT in that rendering. And that's what I've been saying for several months. The new LT is going to be simply a luxury version of the new GT. That trunk on that rendering is about silly though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wonder if the whole is not a hoax?

Somehow, to my eyes, it just doesn't look like something BMW would design for the future. They would probably make something cutting-edge, and that bike is not cutting-edge. Just my $.02.
Les

·
Registered
717 Posts
That drawing looks like a ridiculous "artist's" concept. No way BMW would put their logo on that mule.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
George_S said:
That drawing looks like a ridiculous "artist's" concept. No way BMW would put their logo on that mule.
If this is what it's gonna look like, I'll stick with the GT

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts