BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much debate, and the fact that I had money burning a hole in my pocket from the sale of my '62 MGA, I finally decided that it was time to trade the '99 with 93,000 miles on it for something newer. With a little searching I found a used '05 that was floundering on the show room floor down at 441 Cycle in Plantation, FL. The reason it wasn't moving was the 24,000 miles on the odometer. What all of that means is that the price, at least in my opinion, was great and it allowed me enough change left over to purchase a 6 year extended warranty. Bottom line, yesterday I rode the '99 the 260 miles down I95 to the dealership and the return trip was on my new/used '05. WOW - I now understand what all the fuss is about with that extra 16 HP and the unbelievable brakes. The other advantage to buying used is that this bike has several farkles that came along for the ride; Rick Mayer heated seats in leather, headlight and brake light modulators, "J" pegs, luggage rack and led brake light, ice link set up for Ipod. So, all I need to add is the communication hardware.

Color me HAPPY

·
Registered
749 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike! And I'll bet the new owner of the MGA is happy also!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's grey and no I haven't named it. But then again I never named the last one either. Maybe something simple like AWESOME would work.:~)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Now you've done it, you'll have to change that signature line from 99 to 05 ;)

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Congrats! Hope one day I can say the same.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Congrats!!

Way to go Lynn! sounds like you found a good deal too. someday I will do the same. ride safe

Lynn_Keen said:
After much debate, and the fact that I had money burning a hole in my pocket from the sale of my '62 MGA, I finally decided that it was time to trade the '99 with 93,000 miles on it for something newer. With a little searching I found a used '05 that was floundering on the show room floor down at 441 Cycle in Plantation, FL. The reason it wasn't moving was the 24,000 miles on the odometer. What all of that means is that the price, at least in my opinion, was great and it allowed me enough change left over to purchase a 6 year extended warranty. Bottom line, yesterday I rode the '99 the 260 miles down I95 to the dealership and the return trip was on my new/used '05. WOW - I now understand what all the fuss is about with that extra 16 HP and the unbelievable brakes. The other advantage to buying used is that this bike has several farkles that came along for the ride; Rick Mayer heated seats in leather, headlight and brake light modulators, "J" pegs, luggage rack and led brake light, ice link set up for Ipod. So, all I need to add is the communication hardware.

Color me HAPPY

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daman858 said:
Congratulations on the new bike! And I'll bet the new owner of the MGA is happy also!
Interestingly enough the new owner of the MGA is an 81 year old lady that was practically jumping with joy at her new toy. Hope I can be so enthusiastic at that age.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mwnahas said:
Now you've done it, you'll have to change that signature line from 99 to 05 ;)
Details, Details, Details, thanks for reminding me!!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
johnrehder said:
Way to go Lynn! sounds like you found a good deal too. someday I will do the same. ride safe
Thanks John. Bottom line is that I'm happy and so by definition it was a great deal!! :~) Worked out pretty well financially too.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Good deal Lynn, I'll be looking to see it at the next Tech Session.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congratulations on the new toy.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
( ... jealousy mode = on, suppressed but still obvious ...)

You'll be sorry, Lynn - exchanging to an unknown quantity from a bike that, after 93,000 miles, never needed a valve adjustment. Bet you'll be swapping buckets like mad in the near future! And you don't know good northeastern PA pizza, either.:p

( ... jealousy mode = off ...)

Congratulations :D

- Bob

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dshealey said:
Congrats! Hope one day I can say the same.
I'm sure that the time will come when the mental and physical deck of cards will be stacked just right and you will once again throw a leg over the saddle. In the mean time the rest of us in this little fraternity count our blessings that you have continued to participate in this forum and make a significant contribution to the available knowledge base. Thanks for hanging around.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bob_menton said:

You'll be sorry, Lynn - exchanging to an unknown quantity from a bike that, after 93,000 miles, never needed a valve adjustment. Bet you'll be swapping buckets like mad in the near future! And you don't know good northeastern PA pizza, either.:p

Damn Bob, leave it to you to see the dark side! And OH yea, we're headed up to PA next month and I'm gona have some of that good 'ol Victory Pig Pizza. Now I'll bet your really jealous!!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Lynn_Keen said:
bob_menton said:

Damn Bob, leave it to you to see the dark side! And OH yea, we're headed up to PA next month and I'm gona have some of that good 'ol Victory Pig Pizza. Now I'll bet your really jealous!!

Cheers
You know, you have to drive right past our place in Greenvul, SC to get from PA to FL. A REAL friend would drop off some of that crap Victory Pig pizza on his way home .... :D

- Bob

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
That is so awesome Lynn. I love my 05 and will not sell it because it fits every need for touring and travel for me. Enjoy yours!! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts