BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Howdy back and welcome!
I have ridden through Loogootee a couple of times.
You have some nice riding just east of you!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Nice job! I look forward to more posts! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Welcome to the neighborhood. You are among friends here.

Just do not mention the words OIL or TIRES unless you are wearing a flame suit! ;)

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Loogootee????

I went to high school in Seymour (79) and drove back and forth to college in Evansville (83) so I must have driven through several times, but I sure don't remember it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dukester said:
Just acquired a black, loaded 2009 LT with 2600 miles on the clock. This is really a sweet machine. I'm sure I'll have questions later but for now, just like to say howdy!!
The tires thing doesn't bother me. I owned an 06 Triumph Rocket 3! I was a little surprised at the handling of the LT. Dealer cautioned me how top heavy it was but it is nothing compared to the Rocket 3. So far I'm very impressed with the ride. I do have a couple of questions. Is it difficult to change oil in the bike (can I do it myself) and what type of oil should I use. I owned the 06 Rocket 3 and a 10 Thunderbird. Both ran Mobile 1 syn in them. Just curious. :yeah:

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
dukester said:
The tires thing doesn't bother me. I owned an 06 Triumph Rocket 3! I was a little surprised at the handling of the LT. Dealer cautioned me how top heavy it was but it is nothing compared to the Rocket 3. So far I'm very impressed with the ride. I do have a couple of questions. Is it difficult to change oil in the bike (can I do it myself) and what type of oil should I use. I owned the 06 Rocket 3 and a 10 Thunderbird. Both ran Mobile 1 syn in them. Just curious. :yeah:
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase. Just an FYI...BMW recommends not switching to synthetic before around 18,000 miles. The dino oil gives the engine a chance to break in.

Enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts