BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Thanks for all the help with farkles, and just sent my deposit for a 2011 R1200RT, delivery for end of February. The dealer is going to install the following:
BMR shelf/GPS Mount install Garmin 665
Centech AP2
Gerbing Harness
Bushtec hitch and wiring harness
Suburban barups and footpeg lowering kit
BMW tankbag
and last but not least, Clearwater Krista lights on a BMR mount
a bunch of cables etc.
Still waiting on seeing the radio to see how to connect the Garmin into the radio system and get the sound in to my J&M helmet speakers. Dealer thinks there is a change in the radio from 2010, but we'll have to wait for that.
I've worked a lot of overtime this year, and decided to treat myself to the dealer to do all the install work at delivery. This may be my last bike, and I am incredibly excited. Downsizing from a K12LT will be a change, but, my best friend is buying the LT and I will still have it around a lot. Again, thanks to all, and Merry Christmas. Best,
Bob

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Congratulations on your decision; you will love the new RT and it is going to be setup just the way you want it right from the get-go!

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I remember well how exciting it is to order a new BMW motorcycle and then wait anxiously for its arrival. The feeling never passes.

I moved from an LT to an RT several years ago. It was the right decision.

Hope you enjoy your new bike. You really are treating yourself.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Congratulations!!! You will be going through the same waiting agony I went through this time last year, but the wait is worth it. I wish I had put some of the farkles on mine that you have ordered, but over the next year or so I am going to add to it. I love the bike, now I am in the waiting mode once again....about 5 months before the snow melts.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
bobaltic said:
Hi All,
Thanks for all the help with farkles, and just sent my deposit for a 2011 R1200RT, delivery for end of February. The dealer is going to install the following:
Centech AP2
Gerbing Harness
Bushtec hitch and wiring harness
Suburban barups and footpeg lowering kit
BMW tankbag
and last but not least, Clearwater Krista lights on a BMR mount
a bunch of cables etc.
Still waiting on seeing the radio to see how to connect the Garmin into the radio system and get the sound in to my J&M helmet speakers. Dealer thinks there is a change in the radio from 2010, but we'll have to wait for that.
I've worked a lot of overtime this year, and decided to treat myself to the dealer to do all the install work at delivery. This may be my last bike, and I am incredibly excited. Downsizing from a K12LT will be a change, but, my best friend is buying the LT and I will still have it around a lot. Again, thanks to all, and Merry Christmas. Best,
Bob
Great news, congrats...please post some pics when you get it home

·
Registered
290 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I don't know if it's just in my head or not but I don't think so but the last 2 RT's that I had didn't really start running great until about 25k. It seems like it's a different bike after that. I know most think they are broken in long before that but I can tell a real difference around that mileage.

·
Registered
616 Posts
bobaltic said:
Hi All,
........Still waiting on seeing the radio to see how to connect the Garmin into the radio system and get the sound in to my J&M helmet speakers. Dealer thinks there is a change in the radio from 2010, but we'll have to wait for that.

I may be totally off-base here, because I generally am, but....

Tied up somewhere near the steering head is an accessory plug for the Garmin. If it's not a BMW Navigator, you'll need an accessory plug(about $20). That plug has three wires. One is for ground, one is for CANBUS power, and the other ties the Garmin into your stereo system.
When you switch off the key, this plug stays powered up for 6 minutes, so you can get gas without losing the GPS programs you're running.

If anything I said was wrong, I'm sure someone will correct it, so ignore me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts