444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the new baby home safe and sound. :bmw:

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Very nice!
Now that I've convinced the wife that I need 2 bikes, it should'nt be that hard to convince her I need 3.
I'm feeling the urge to get off of the pavement!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
That's a very nice bike! Although it's not an RT how about some more information on it?

Regards,

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
garry_kramer said:
Nice Nick, any problems at the border?

Garry
Garry,
No problems at the border, you just have to ensure the clean title is faxed to US Customs 72 hours before export. Being over 15 years old it is RIV exempt on import fees BMW letter or inspection. Only 5% HST of the US converted value at the border and 8% GST at the vehicle registration office.

Cessna,

The bike is a '94 R100GSPD one of the last years of the airheads. Great granddad to your modern RT. I was supposed to be posting in the other R Bikes section but I could not find a way to erase the thread.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
05hexhead said:
Garry,
No problems at the border, you just have to ensure the clean title is faxed to US Customs 72 hours before export. Being over 15 years old it is RIV exempt on import fees BMW letter or inspection. Only 5% HST of the US converted value at the border and 8% GST at the vehicle registration office.

Cessna,

The bike is a '94 R100GSPD one of the last years of the airheads. Great granddad to your modern RT. I was supposed to be posting in the other R Bikes section but I could not find a way to erase the thread.
13% sales tax. Ouch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts