BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sharing for the group and any members around Minneapolis. Just had Heinen's Motorsports put new Avons on my 2004. Can't believe just how much maneuverability that I had lost with the original Metzlers. Replaced both front and rear at 12k and the bike now feels totally different. The rear was about to become unsafe and the front had begun to cup. At low speed turns the front would wobble. Total for tires and installs was $502 and the guys at Heinen's are awesome to work with. I'd also recommend replacing those tires your thinking you can get a few more miles out of.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I hope they sold you the correct weight rated tires ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, these Avons meet the correct weight requirement. The original replacements I had asked about wouldn't though and they were pretty clear they couldn't mount them for me

·
Registered
21 Posts
I didn't know Avon made the same size tires for the K1200LT. You have to take a second on your house to buy the Metzlers from a BMW dealer. I will give them a try.

·
Registered
292 Posts
jsut finished a 5,400 mile trip through the central and western US with set of Avon Ultra Strom 2 that I mounted before I left. Did not have one issue, they performed flawlessly even in the two snow storms I went through in Colorado going over Rabbit Ear Pass and Hooser Pass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts