BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since John Bowles visited my place for a tech session (7 years ago - it's time to do that again!) and commented that my tool collection was a little light, I've been on a mission to fix that. I've added all kinds of socket sets, hand tools, a heat gun, cut-off saw, quality corded and cordless drills, and a bigger/better rolling tool cabinet to put it all in, for which my wife made a custom cover:

A couple of weeks ago I added a unique new Craftsman product to the tool set. This was a promotional item that Ace Hardware stores were giving away if you went to a store one day recently. Looking forward to using it at home some time; no tool set is complete without this!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
OK I'll take what's behind curtain #1 :D
But then again I might get nothing so I opt for what is in the hand :D If you are my age you might remember that TV show. Back to the topic at hand you were in the right place at the right time. I can't tell the last time I saw the inside of an ACE. Plus I was on the road almost 3 weeks.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife tipped me off to the Ace Hardware give-away, so I have her to thank for this most useful "tool".

And a lot of us around here are old enough to remember that old game show. Monte Hall was the perfect host for that show... and Carol Merrill was cool.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Exactly the show.
I did not remember all the detail but I do remember the choices.
And with that you just gave away your age :rotf: but I know what 6 decades feel like. Getting into that 62 ballpark. I bought one of those utility pliers for my camp trip with the single hook for pop bottle tops but nothing like yours.
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts