BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to introduce my self and thank the group for all of the good information. I live in Torrance, CA and just bought a 2002 LTC from Powerman5K (Thanks). This is an upgrade prompted by the wife from the 2002 Bonneville. The wife said that if I wanted any "Back Seat Trash" I needed a better back seat. The LT was her choice, and I said "Yes Mam"!

Now for the good and bad from my perspective. I love the self-canceling turn signals, mirrors that I can see something besides my elbows, the gear indicator, the breathtakingly good ride and handling, and of course the good looks.
The bad; no bad yet. She is what she is. If I could not handle an 850 lb bike I would get a minibike.

One question that I have is; how do I get involved in a Teck session?

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
New Owner 2002 - Tech Session

Watch the USA forum area then go to South West and check on it on a regular basis. It'll come up or post a need yourself. Welcome! John

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
eeherold said:
I just wanted to introduce my self and thank the group for all of the good information. I live in Torrance, CA and just bought a 2002 LTC from Powerman5K (Thanks). This is an upgrade prompted by the wife from the 2002 Bonneville. The wife said that if I wanted any "Back Seat Trash" I needed a better back seat. The LT was her choice, and I said "Yes Mam"!
Welcome aboard! Your wife had you make a good decision on the bike.:bmw:

eeherold said:
Now for the good and bad from my perspective. I love the self-canceling turn signals, mirrors that I can see something besides my elbows, the gear indicator, the breathtakingly good ride and handling, and of course the good looks.
The bad; no bad yet. She is what she is. If I could not handle an 850 lb bike I would get a minibike.
The bike has many nice features. Learning to handle it at low speed is the ticket. Find yourself a nice empty parking lot and practice, practice, practice. It took me many months before I became comfortable splitting lanes with a passenger on the LT, so I would recommend that you take your time.

eeherold said:
One question that I have is; how do I get involved in a Teck session?

Thanks
Open your garage and invite folks to come perform their 12K service or farkles installs...
The hard part is to have everyone agree on a day, but tech sessions are fun to have and you will learn quite a bit from them.;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Right choice

well. Seems to me that there is somebody makes the right choice
welcome aboard, hope to see u guys on the road

Yair

1 - 4 of 4 Posts