BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi. I've been lurking here for a number of weeks while trying to make a decision about an LT purchase. I found one in the classified section and bought it about 2 weeks ago.

I'll take the first extended ride this weekend with my wife. I'm looking forward to finding out if this thing lives up to my very high expectations.

I found this forum to be a very valuable resource and I'm looking forward to checking back in from time to time.

Pat

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Let me be the first to say...Welcome! You'll enjoy the heck out of her!

(the bike, I assume you enjoy the wife) :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that's the way to welcome someone new. :histerica

Thanks for the welcome, and I'll try to enjoy both.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Great bike Pat... you did well... welcome to the family... enjoy!

Mugz

·
Registered
203 Posts
Pat, welcome. My wife LOVES our LT. That said, plan ahead and take some time to get used to her. You may want to get a few hundred miles under your belt before serious two up riding.

I bought my 07 in June 07 & rode a great "550 mi break in ride" through northern MI the next day. Wife loved it. 2 miles from home, at a four way stop, I had the right of way, cager ran the stop sign and I was already rolling & turning right when I stopped. My fault for not ANTICIPATING, but we tipped over. I tried to hold it up, but NO WAY! I had two more tip overs since (both 1st year) and both have been when I was either fatigued or not planning ahead. In a Wall Mart lot after a run from MI to NC, I didn't get the sidestand down all the way and hung it up in my pant, when I was getting off the bike. SLOW MOTION FALL. #3 was at a dealer open house, off camber parking, poor planning!

We have 30K on this bike and have had great times and my wife still LOVES the comfort. This is the first bike that I've ever owned that she is good for as many miles as I feel like going and we have had many 700- 800 mile days. For enjoying great two up touring it is the greatest. I really try not to ley my guard down on the slow stuff.

Ride safe & have fun

FK

·
Registered
354 Posts
Congrat on your new bike and welcome to the board. You will find this forum extremely helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats Pat. My wife and I have a 2005 Lt that we enjoy riding very much. It took me awhile to adjust to it, and will say that my appreciation for the machine has grown with every mile. Now it would be hard to think about replaceing it with any other bike. Enjoy your ride . Oh, by the way, its easier to ride slower after you get a large speeding ticket.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
+1 on riding the bike for a bit in solo mode. She takes a little getting used to as she's a bit top heavy but she's comfortable on the long hauls, great in the twisties, and a wonder to look at!

I have dropped mine X2. Both times at a complete stop with $0 damage. Make sure you watch the video on how to right the beastie when she does faint and you'll do fine. It's surprisingly easy to do by yourself.

Enjoy yourself! The LT's are a blast!

Loren

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. My wife REFUSES to let me buy a different bike. We have an '05 LT and I have just been curious about different rides. The GS, the new Multistrada, the FJR, etc. have all peaked my interest. But everytime I ride the LT it confirms we made a good choice. Enjoy.

George

1 - 9 of 9 Posts